Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 ITP Quad Cross Round 6 - Glen Helen

2006 ITP Quad Cross Round 6 - Glen Helen

After a five week break from racing, it was time to get back in action. It has been over two months since the ITP Quad Cross series has visited Glen Helen, and all of the riders where in for some changes. With the dirt bike national coming up, there are many changes to the track, which most of the riders didn't seem to mind.

However when you think of So Cal in July you think of hot dry weather, but that was not the conditions this weekend. It rained from about 4 in the morning on Sunday until about ten. All of the riders where dreading on seeing the track, because the day before it had already been very muddy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brittany #23

Thanks to my '06 sponsors

Bigkidracing.com, ATVriders.com, TAG, Scott, Sickgirl, Fly Racing, Triumph Motor Sports, PowerMadd, ITP, Southern California Quad racing Magazine, Metal Craft, Elka, Precision concepts, NGR, and Alba.

And Muddy it was, most of the riders only did a lap or two in practice and then came off. But even with that short amount of time, you could still not tell who the riders where.
    Brittany #23

Bigkidracing.com, ATVriders.com, TAG, Scott, Sickgirl, Fly Racing, Triumph Motor Sports, PowerMadd, ITP, Southern California Quad racing Magazine, Metal Craft, Elka, Precision concepts, NGR, and Alba.

Even the rhinos where having some problems dealing with the mud.
    Brittany #23

There was even a point where the fog got so bad the spectators could hardly see the track, and we where all just praying for the sun to come out.
    Brittany #23

But that was not going to get these racers hopes down.

Christy McGuffin gives us a thumbs up with her broken thumb in a cast and all. She could not even fit her glove on, but was still out there racing anyways.
    Brittany #23

Here is the new tower that is being built at Glen Helen. They are in hopes of having is done by the dirt bike national, but we will all benefit from this larger, and nicer tower.
    Brittany #23

It was Dustin Nelson who was out front for the pro class for the first moto.
    Brittany #23

But this race was about riding smart, and using your head. What line you choose could mean whether you won or lost a race.

Dustin Nelson found this out when he went into one of the corners and sunk in the mud. By the time he got out he was now in the fourth spot.

It was Tj Dietrich out front. Followed by Jeff Spooner, and Doug Eichner.
    Brittany #23

Mike Machado was out there just riding for points, due to the fact that he broke his collar bone at the last Worcs race, and still is not healed from it. But we are proud of him for hanging in there.
    Brittany #23

But at the end of the first moto is was Tj Dietrich who would take the win.
    Brittany #23

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast