Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock class specs

Stock class specs

I have started buying parts to upgrade the quad at the end of the year, I was thinking about putting on my new steering stem(antivibe) but I don't know if it is ok for stock class. I thought that it said no steering stems in the stock class rules but now I don't see it. With 2 races left I don't want to cause any trouble but I would like to try it out if legal.
    *** Rules for the ATV Stock class:
    Rider cannot change the exhaust system, spark arrester, A-arms, swing arm, gas tank, carburetor (may change jetting), shocks, engine or frame. Engine and frame must be from the original manufacture for that make and model. For additional information contact Greg Kinkelaar at kinklr@centurytel.net or Tom Prendergast at tprender@hotmail.com
    2005 TLD Predator Custom Axis, Hiper, Tire Balls, Kenda, Faast, Ac, PRM, Rath, Pure Polaris, Lonestar, BRP, Cycra, Jets R Us, ODI, Maier, EBC, GPR, Shocker Glove

http://www.bannedatatvnews.com

[http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/JoshuaJ

At the present time that is/are the rules for the stock class. I would like to add a few more at the meeting in Dec., such as tireballs and handlebars. As a starting point. Remember that this has to be something that can be checked quickly by a person that doesn't know much about atv's. So it has to be keep simple. You don't want to make it as tough as the GNC MX rule. Their you even have to use only the stock grips. Nothing can be changed. I know of one rider who go DQ'd because he used 1 aftermarket rim in the back at the 2nd moto, after the stock one got ruined in the 1st moto.

Thanks Tom for the reply. I guess I get to try out the new stem. Thanks for putting on a great race at Flat River and for letting me stay(guard the track) with the Moss boys. That was a fun track, hard but fun. The heat didn't help the turnout I'm sure. Thanks again
    Josh
    2005 TLD Predator Custom Axis, Hiper, Tire Balls, Kenda, Faast, Ac, PRM, Rath, Pure Polaris, Lonestar, BRP, Cycra, Jets R Us, ODI, Maier, EBC, GPR, Shocker Glove

http://www.bannedatatvnews.com

[http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/JoshuaJ

Are you thinking about making tire balls legal agian Tom? I am racing Stock regaurdless NEXT year so I want to be legal. Also I have IMS pegs...should I sell them and put some stockers on? Thanks in advance, Josh W.

Right now this is just my opinion. I don't think that Tireballs should be legal in the stock class. The same with Flexx bars. I see nothing wrong with IMS pegs being legal, but again this is just my opinion.

Yea Flexx Bars in the stock class are BS in my opinion. I will still probaly get rid of the pegs b/c I dont want any one to have something to complian about.But thanks for the info. Later, Josh

If your 41 years old racing a stock quad Flexx bars are not BS. They are smart.
    OXC # ???
    07 YFZ 450
    Thanks to.
    Donelsons
    Stealth Racing. (aka Scott Noel)
    ITP Tires
    ------------------------------------------------
    Its mind over matter. I have no mind so it don't matter.

If your not the lead dog the view don't change. Race Yamaha.

Originally posted by geogeorge
    If your 41 years old racing a stock quad Flexx bars are not BS. They are smart.
    If the point of the stock class is to keep costs down than they are bs. Besides no other series allow flexx bars in the "stock" class.

Not to get in between you guys, but since I plan on racing stock class I want my vote counted. Fflex bars are an inexpensive way to improve a bike and make it a little more tolerable. I have had a shoulder injury, and it helps a lot. Just my opinion.

Originally posted by gabe_hinshaw
    Not to get in between you guys, but since I plan on racing stock class I want my vote counted. Fflex bars are an inexpensive way to improve a bike and make it a little more tolerable. I have had a shoulder injury, and it helps a lot. Just my opinion.

Gabe look forward to seeing you in the class next year.

I don't find a 300 cost for bars to be bad. Now when you consider that Flexx has give sponcership to MHSC and you can get 120 off that price then they realy are not out of line. They don't make the quad faster and dont give a advantage to the rider.

True not everyone can afford them, But then again not everyone can afford a new quad every year like I get. I admit I'm luck to have a great job. I also don't have a wife or kids. There for I can afford to race. I race stock because its a C maybe B level class and that is my riding level at 41 years of age.

Josh you should be glade you can compete at the A level not everyone can.
    OXC # ???
    07 YFZ 450
    Thanks to.
    Donelsons
    Stealth Racing. (aka Scott Noel)
    ITP Tires
    ------------------------------------------------
    Its mind over matter. I have no mind so it don't matter.

If your not the lead dog the view don't change. Race Yamaha.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast