Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: start in reverse on 400ex

Re: not sure about this

Originally posted by 08ex4
    my buddy and i both have 400exs and mine an 08 and his an 05 we both did this mod the same day last week oneday and today we were ridin and his quad stalled and would only start and run with the choke fully on just out of curiosity we hooked the reverse wire back up and it was fine but mine hasnt done any wierd **** like that yet. by the way both quads have stock wiring no rev boxes or anything like that Its definatly a cool mod but its not if its not gonna work i will post up if my 08 does it. Good luck to anyone else that does this mod.
    Did it ever mess up, I am still debating on this. I don't use reverse alot but maybe I would if I knew it would work better.
    Ryan
    2008 YFZ450 Gray/Red
    Pro Armor bumper
    Dr.D slip-on exhaust
    Twin Air Filter
    Blingstar sprocket and rotor guard
    ITP Quadcross XC rear tires on Tech 3 Hipers
    Black Outs!

2007 TRX400ex Sold http://nwmx.weebly.com/index.html
    HondaRidinRyan (youtube), commander1ryan (xbox live)

Re: Restart with Red Indicator Light

Originally posted by hornetgod13
    I did the above listed "How to" and my Reverse light didn't work anymore. I really wanted the reverse light to work and liked the idea of being able to restart the engine in reverse. I spliced the wire back together that I had cut from the previous instructions and went another route.
    Start with taking the hood off. Locate your CDI box, its a black box with 2 connectors plugged into it. One connector has 4 wires and the other connector has 2 wires. On the 4 wire connector you will have a Grey with Black stripe wire. Peel the tape back if needed and snip the Grey with Black stripe wire. Leave enough wire just in case you want to splice it back together at some point. Tape the ends of the wires so they won't touch each other. Now put the quad in reverse and fire it up. The reverse rev limiter is disabled, your reverse light will still work and, you will be able to RESTART it in reverse. Yes!!!
    this worked great, thanks
    My wife told me to choose between her and my computer...AFK while i help her pack

ATV newb just bought a 2005 400ex

does this work with a 300ex?
    2006 450ER black.HRC,Acerbis,Pro-Taper,Pro-Armour,DG,K&N,Pro-moto intake,ITP,Tusk,Skat-Trak,Maxxis,Dunlop..to many tires
    2002 cr250 FMF turbine core 2+Gnarly,Uni/Maxima,Steahly FWW,Works Connection rad braces,Cycra pro-bends,Plastic bash plate
    2000 XR50 TAG,Red Baron,TB
    400ex,400ex,500 Rubicon.
    BLOOD, SWEAT, AND GEARS

just did the mod to my 06 400ex. cut the wire from the cdi, taped it up and done. works great

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234