Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: start in reverse on 400ex

Thanks hornetgod13! Your way is so much better. i just finished five minutes ago. thanks man.
    FOR SALE: 2006 Suzuki LTR-450
    -cherry bomb-Suzuki nerf bars-Cernic Push Button Start Kit-Cernics 09 Graphics-Attack Graphics Custom Number Plates-Pro Taper SE Handlebars CR High Bend Black-Pro Taper Pillowtop Grips Yellow-Rath Standered Bumper Gloss Black-Rath Standered Grab Bar Gloss Black-Fox Evol Front Shocks DCS-New Stock Axel-Pro Design Killswitch White-Tusk Black Gas Cap-Factory Effex Grip Donuts Suzuki-QuadTech Beak-Tusk PB BlockOff-Acerbis Rally II Handguards Yellow/Black-Much more to come!

Want Free Money In Your Paypal?? Go Here...Just complete surveys and make $10 in just ten minutes! Instant payouts. 100% Legit...
    www.CashLagoon.com

Originally posted by atvmaster0927
    Thanks hornetgod13! Your way is so much better. i just finished five minutes ago. thanks man.
    Glad I could help. That's good to hear

I was looking for this mod since a long time.

Got it done yesterday and it's great!

Thanks hornetgod13!
    -= DS450X MX 2009 =-

"Go Big or Go Home!"

Special thanks to :

E-Sticky Graphics, Sinto Racing, Goudreau Solution Mécanique, Slel Moto Suspension, Contour and Smith Optics!

I did this mod tonight and it worked great. I would get mad everytime I stalled it in reverse and try to start it.. no more worries. Favorite mod yet!!!
    '07 YFZ 450 Special Edition
    AC Blackline Bumper
    Sedona Slingshots
    Kenda Klaw MXF's
    G-Force Axle
    DG nerfs

J Clay #9

Haha ya that's fast. But wierd tho. My rm 125 1991 does 65-70 and my 96 300ex does about 60-65 maybe 70. Ima test that against my friends snowmobile cuz it has a speedo. I was going to try the mod on mine but since it has electric cutout I prob. Cuz as fast as I want to go in reverse, I also want to be able to go in drive.
    2005 TRX 250EX
    2003 CRF 450
    1991 RM 250
    1987 CR 125
    1986 650 SX

thanks for the help,i just did this to my 300ex an its alot easier to go in reverse when its cold,an easier to get out of mud when i have to use reverse.

i just looked on my thee 300 ex on the cdi box ur talking about i think its the aftermarket rev boxes you get right? i foiund a black wire with a white stripe. is that wat u are talking about
    2005 Honda TRX300EX
    HMF slip on w/ W.B. e-series head
    K&N Filter
    Jet Kit
    Big Gun revbox
    Vaz Racing chain and sprocket set
    Tusk ATV Hitch
    Tusk V-Bar chains(for ice riding)
    itp 22 mudlites (rear)
    1500lb winch(for homemade snow plow)

2001 yamaha blaster
    fmf fatty/p.core II
    ac nerfs
    ac grab bar
    ac bumper
    ac skids (full)
    razrs all around

2000 yamaha blaster for parts
    -need plaster parts? i got them!

"yesterday's history, tomarow's a mystery so live in the moment"

I have a 2007 TRX400ex. I am looking for the plug on the CDI to find this option and cut that freaking wire. When i look at the CDI under the hood i have 4 different connector with 4 wires in each of them. Sounds like they changed something in 07 since i don't have the 2 and 4 wire plugs on my CDI. Can anyone help? It totally sucks to be on a trail in the desert rocks and have to play the REV. game on this thing.

Re: what

Originally posted by Jake_4
    i also have a red 05 400ex. I did this and the top speed of my quad doesn't go as fast. I was clocked 2 days before i did this at 88 mph and the electral system seems to cut out. just bought new battery and is still good.

If I was anybody who wanted to do this don't because it will screw everything up!
    88 mph !! Did you drive it off a cliff?
    Dave
    05 Honda TRX400EX
    HMF Slip On
    165 Keihin mainjet
    42 pilot
    13/39 gearing w/X-ring gold chain
    12- 1" Uni vents in airbox lid
    AC Pro Fat Bumper
    Pro Armor Skid Plates
    AC Cooler Rack

not sure about this

my buddy and i both have 400exs and mine an 08 and his an 05 we both did this mod the same day last week oneday and today we were ridin and his quad stalled and would only start and run with the choke fully on just out of curiosity we hooked the reverse wire back up and it was fine but mine hasnt done any wierd **** like that yet. by the way both quads have stock wiring no rev boxes or anything like that Its definatly a cool mod but its not if its not gonna work i will post up if my 08 does it. Good luck to anyone else that does this mod.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast