Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: start in reverse on 400ex

Will you sell

Hi i have a 05 400ex and am looking for some aftermarket parts. would you be intrested in selling anything? give me a part and price and will contact you back.

05 red 400ex
    Pro Taper Handlebars
    Pro Armor nerfs
    WB CDI rev box

what

i also have a red 05 400ex. I did this and the top speed of my quad doesn't go as fast. I was clocked 2 days before i did this at 88 mph and the electral system seems to cut out. just bought new battery and is still good.

If I was anybody who wanted to do this don't because it will screw everything up!

Re: what

Originally posted by Jake_4
    i also have a red 05 400ex. I did this and the top speed of my quad doesn't go as fast. I was clocked 2 days before i did this at 88 mph and the electral system seems to cut out. just bought new battery and is still good.

If I was anybody who wanted to do this don't because it will screw everything up!
    88 mphs thats fast......i had a car that wouldnt do that.....LOL

my 400ex wiill not go that fast...and my 450r won't either...must have one of them special 400ex's

Originally posted by speedyquad
    my 400ex wiill not go that fast...and my 450r won't either...must have one of them special 400ex's
    i want 1 of them special 1s LOL.........hey i checkout your pics and was wondering why your wifes quad had lots more mud on it than your.

very sweet looking quads.

Re: what

Originally posted by Jake_4

I have had this mod on my quad for 3 months now and it has not effected my top speed at all except for in reverse (faster now). I seriously doubt your quad went 88 mph. I wonder about the accuracy of who "clocked" you.
    Out of all the mods and improvements I made on my quad so far, this is my favorite. It so great not to have to take the quad out of reverse to restart it.

On a 400ex, Im pretty sure he was going 88 KPH and he didnt know.

Will this mod work on my 300ex it sounds like the same kind of set up. It wound be nice to be able to start in reverse and also loose the limmiter but I would still like to keep the reverse light.
    2002 300EX

Just did mod and love it. I just cut the Grey wire with black strip under the hood and it works great. Reverse red light comes on when it's suppose to and reverse is much stronger now and can start in reverse. It's just great!
    Keep the rubberside down,
    Live and Let Die,
    If god is your co-pilot you need to switch sides

06 400EX Black:
    EHS Racing Lid with Outwears, EHS Stock Exhaust Cap, Spyder A3 Grips, Start in Reverse Mod, Uni air filter with PreFilter, Jetted 150Main, 42Pilot

99 KingQuad 300:
    Start in any Gear Mod, Diff. Lock Mod, Supertrapp pipe, ITP Mudlites, Spyder A3 Grips

96 Polaris Trailblazer: (Wifes)
    HPD Pipe, Trail Claw II Rear Tires

02' Raptor 660 (sold),
    02' 400EX (sold),
    96' 300EX (sold),
    86' Honda ATC 350X (sold)

Agreed, it is one of my favorite mods.

Cutting the grey wire with black stripe is the way to go. Following the first post in this thread also disables the reverse light but, cutting the wire under the hood allows everything to work and you can start in reverse with the rev limiter removed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast