Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is this?

Question What is this?

What is this on the kfx 450? Here is the photo what I'm talking about is circled in red. Also check out how beefy the frame is around the lower A-arms. But what is that thing circled in red its not an A-arm. I dont see how it could be a bump steer stabilizer. Maybe it is?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is a link to a larger picture. http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/kaw...vspyphoto3.jpg

4 wheel drive?

haha i dont know
    2002 banshee - some go fast parts
    07 klx110 - alot of go fast parts

Looks like the caliper.
    Forgot to add that it's an aluminum frame. It needs to be thicker than steel to be strong.
    I own a:
    Red 1999 400ex, Some mods, Filter, Skid plate, HMF pipe, etc.

Hell yeah I'm American! And I pay $3.30 for my gas... How much higher is it going to get???

long travel a arms maybe??????

Well I copied the pic and put it into paint and magnified it. To me it looks like the bolt for the left side bottom a-arm, and the right side a-arm on the other side of the quad appears below it. Making it look like something else attached to the quad. I'm kinda embarassed now but pics can fool you some time.

Its the spot that the bottom left a arms bolts to the aluminum frame. Since its aluminum it has to be beefier and it makes it look weird. But it is deffinatly just the frame and arm.
    N. Bender

2009 LTR450-lightly modded

yep

To me it looks like the A-arms bolt to the opposite side of the frame, in criss-cross fashion. Example; left arm bolts to right side of frame and vice versa. This would create long-travel A-arms without making the quad extra wide (good for GNCC). When you look at the pic, you can see the rounded side of the arm where it bolts to the frame. The left side looks like it continues to where you can't even see exactly where it bolts on.

This is a concept that I had flirted with some time ago. It creates uneven mounting points (L to R), but the bend of the arm could compensate for the lack of alignment. Problem I had always thought to be, would it turn better one way than the other?

Originally posted by hak231
    To me it looks like the A-arms bolt to the opposite side of the frame, in criss-cross fashion. Example; left arm bolts to right side of frame and vice versa. This would create long-travel A-arms without making the quad extra wide (good for GNCC). When you look at the pic, you can see the rounded side of the arm where it bolts to the frame. The left side looks like it continues to where you can't even see exactly where it bolts on.

This is a concept that I had flirted with some time ago. It creates uneven mounting points (L to R), but the bend of the arm could compensate for the lack of alignment. Problem I had always thought to be, would it turn better one way than the other?

Never mind!! I must have been smoking something. That just looks like a really beefie set-up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast