Thread: fst 500ex stroker

fst 500ex stroker

anyone who has one or ridden one i just wanna know what the power is like on this kit cause i would like to purchase one
    "It take 2 bike riders to equal 1 quad rider"

dyno jet kit
    outerwears pre filter
    k&n air filter
    k&n power lid

hmf polished slip on
    razr 2 all around
    armadillo 1/4" swing arm plate
    ebc sevre duty brake pads
    hot cams stage 2

if its the 8 mil stroker, i saw one runnin tonight at the dragstrip....and that thing hauls!
    Cody

99 416ex *sold*
    2008 Yfz 450

is it true that it is more reliable than the 440 because it has a thicker sleeve
    "It take 2 bike riders to equal 1 quad rider"

dyno jet kit
    outerwears pre filter
    k&n air filter
    k&n power lid

hmf polished slip on
    razr 2 all around
    armadillo 1/4" swing arm plate
    ebc sevre duty brake pads
    hot cams stage 2

I had a fst 500 on my last quad. I have mixed feelings about. It did make awesome power and torque. However, if you had it geared stock it was hard to keep the front end down and if you geared for top end it was hard to ride through the trails slow. Also it was a big money pit and I am embarassed to say how much money I invested in that quad trying to be faster than 450's. I finally gave up and bought a 450. I also had a 440 motor that same quad and I would say reliability was similar but both were well built and done right. If you do a 500 or 440 I strongly recommend a carb upgrade and 450r carbs from 04-05 work great. Also heavy duty head studs is a must. Auxuillary cooling is another must in my opinion, larger oil tank and aux cooler. I did have alot of fun upgrading my 400ex and it was alot faster than stock and I learned alot doing it but what a money pit.
    2006 Honda 450r with HRC kit , HMF slip-on, pro-armor nerfs, EHS Racing airbox lid.
    1999 Suzuki RM 125
    2004 Yamaha YFZ450