Thread: what is better for racing???

what is better for racing???

I ordered a set of holeshots but they won't be in till monday and i have a race this saturday. I have a set of 25% 20/11/9 maxxis razrs, and a set of maxxis surtracks brand new, which one would be better for racing????

its a motocross track, with intermidiate terrian.

Try both of the tires out for yourself on your particular track, and answer your own question. Would you really believe me if I told you to only race with holeshots? Try them both, and experiment with tire pressure. For motocross I currently use mx holeshots but if I had the oppurtunity I would try every tire there was.

He said his Holeshots are on the way and the race is Saturday, so I doubt he has time to test his tires...

I would say that if your razrs are working pretty good right now just keep using them but if they aren't grabbing good go ahead and switch to the surtraks.
    2002 Yellow 400ex

Body
    Renthal 14 tooth, LSR e-brake block off, Speed EZ Pull Clutch Lever, Pro Design kill switch, Renthal Handle Bars, Trail Tech Speedometer, AC Pro Pegs and Bumper, Houser +2 A-Arms, Elka Tripple Rates w/ rezzies, Elka shock covers, Razr MX's front and back, douglas ultimate beadlocks, Fastline Breaklines, Lonestar Axle.

Motor
    J&E 12.5:1 piston, custom cam, valve springs, hardened rockers, race port\polish. Yoshi pipe, K&N jet kit and air filter.

STQRA Amature #6
    My Quad Site