Thread: 300ex extended swingarm

300ex extended swingarm

I'm new to this forum so, hey everyone, what's up?

I'm looking to extend the swingarm on my 300ex and I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion to how much. I'm considering going +4", however, lsracing has a +6". I mostly do trail riding with the quad and the last time I was out at the Hatfield Mccoy trails in West Virginia, I wasn't able to make it up a hill (wasn't exactly a designated trail). The front end feels very light even when I'm doing the black diamond (most difficult) tails. It wants to flip over on the really steep inclines. Has anyone had any experience with +4, +6 s-arms?

Swingarm

Hey how it going. I have a Lager +3 on my bike and love it. I would not go any long that 3 because the longer you go the longer you turning radius is, but if all you are doing is hillclimbs you might be ok. Here is Laegers web site www.laegerracing.com
    Hope I was helpfull

Turning radius is a concern because only 20% (maybe less) of the time I'm doing hill climbs. The rest of the time is just hittin' trails.

Thanks for the info.

Aye.. I'd agree with +3 max.

Remember as you add swingarm length, you're shifting your center of gravity forward reducing the weight distribution on your rear tires, and adding it to the front.

I haven't done it, but I've heard of people using a 350x swinger on the 300ex to add 1-3/4" for a cheap solution.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)