Thread: whats happening with our sport?!?!

whats happening with our sport?!?!

i was going back and looking threw some old pics... look at the dollar amount shane hitt is about to get for first place... now... tim is only winning $1,500.. $5,000 and $1,500 is a BIG diff... and e's also getting that $200 check for winning the hole shot... what do they give us these days? i think at one round they were giving away a pare of goggles...

[img]http://********.com/images/HittGNCaward7-23-01.jpg[/img]

EDIT: hum... ok... the pic would come up... but for some odd reason atvriders has it where if you spell *****(********) it stars it like its a cuss word or something?!?!

so um... to get around that... just copy and past that into your url and then type in **** where the stars are
    CFRacing

Hunter Haswell #20

Aston Haswell #22

My son races and lovers this sport. But the way things are going I feel like extreme dirt will end up like the short track serires. This is sad. We came over from MX. People there think we just ride around a flat course. The have no idea how fast you big boys go off into the corners. Ifeel it is more veiwer friendly than MX. I dont know why ATVA does not promote this sport more and try to get it on tv. Well that is my 2 cents.

Re: whats happening with our sport?!?!

Originally posted by One_Bad_400
    i was going back and looking threw some old pics... look at the dollar amount shane hitt is about to get for first place... now... tim is only winning $1,500.. $5,000 and $1,500 is a BIG diff... and e's also getting that $200 check for winning the hole shot... what do they give us these days? i think at one round they were giving away a pare of goggles...

[img]http://********.com/images/HittGNCaward7-23-01.jpg[/img]

EDIT: hum... ok... the pic would come up... but for some odd reason atvriders has it where if you spell ****(********) it stars it like its a cuss word or something?!?!

so um... to get around that... just copy and past that into your url and then type in ***where the stars are
    I have it blocked simply because that site's owner is a cad. He deserves no advertisement on this site...period.

As far as the payout, you support the companies that support the Pro riders. Maybe consider supporting the ones that support you!
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

The ATVA is a santioning body.
    The PROMOTORS are SUPPOSED to promote.
    There are a cpl that try.Emphasis on "cpl". I'm trying to be nice.
    NOBODY will do what John Pellan and George Davis of Fast Trax did for the promotion of their race at Orrville.
    7000 one year and 5000 the next. All they had to do was come up with a 20k show for the ppl. LOL
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

"I have it blocked simply because that site's owner is a cad. He deserves no advertisement on this site...period."

Ya like that's advertisement...
    I've found that when sites do that it only pisses off the users and actually makes it better for the other site.

The cad is one of the nicest guys...period.

There, a 1000 word rant down to 55 or so.
    1 word could do it tho..."KIDS"!!

2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

Anouther thing I have noticed is when someone does cover the event and gives a report it is usually off somehow. It is like they looked at the results and wrote the report. Just my two cents.

I still say, Jack, you & my wife need to take over the ATVA & get our TT style racing back.

If you want to run a series that rewards you for your good riding efforts at the end of year banquet, check out the Southern ATVA in districts 13 & 29, real TT racing & we run on saturday nights.
    Neil
    C-Leigh Racing Team
    In memory of Caraleigh Pritchard
    1979 - 1992

Team riders, 2017 Extreme Dirt Track
    # 25 450R Honda, Chuckie Creech, Pro, Pro Am, Pro Am Unlimited class
    # 25, 450R Honda, Andrea Creech, Womens class