Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Never have a swinger bolt SEIZE again

I currently have a new stock bolt installed that I anitsiezed heavily. In 9 months to a years time I intend to replace the swingarm bearings and if the bolt is difficult to remove, I'm going to install a stainless steel bolt or even a greasable bolt.

How about using a grease gun to shoot antisieze in the modified bolt. Than both sides of this antiseaze/modified grease bolt debate are happy.

Originally posted by x.system
    Heres my cure for that problem

where do you get those plastic bushings at?
    2002 400ex

I just take them out every few months, coat them with anti-seize, never a problem. A friend of mine bought a new z400, he didn't believe me about how little grease was in the swingarm bolt. I pulled it out, there was no grease what so ever. This is great thread for any brand of atv, not just honda's. If you buy the bolts that lsr sells, they are nickel-zinc coated, as so they don't seize near as easy. Another good thing to do would be like how ktm does with their, teflon or moly coat the axle and swingarm bolts, along with all the suspension bolts. You defintely want to coat the swingarm, a-arm bolts, suspension linkage and shock bolts with anti-seize. None of these seized are fun.
    85/86 atc 250r, very modded, lrd 310pv, +1 lsr, shortrack kit, cr250r igntion, 39 pwk, paul turner hi-rev pipe, propeg nerf bars, HREATV custom frame,
    86 atc200x- 84 250r exteneded axle, supertrapp pipe, 27mm carb, works rear shock, 84 250r front end(rebuilt w/ terry kit), 350x tripples, ported head, 12:1 piston, webcam,
    crf450r quad, lsr frame, swinger, antifade, hyper beadlocks and the best of everything else.
    88 trx 250r pced and reinforced frame, +3+0 t-pin, 310pv, cr ignition, 39 pwk, lsr rear end, elka shocks, aftermarket radiator, lrd pipe
    06 ktm450exc, full skid plate/guards, radiator fan, clarke tank, dual sport kit, reg/ins/insp, steering stabilzer
    98 200exc: street plated, skid/guards, dual sport lights, stabilizer and more.
    07 ktm 250xc, skids, reg/ins, dampener, good lights
    2011 atc450r in the works, suspension and details need to be worked out

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123