Thread: Knobby setup 4 TT

Knobby setup 4 TT

Its my first TT race . I'm running Knobby class at Elizabeth city N.C. this weekend . Got some 18" turf tamers but i don't know what suspension setup to run. I've got a 450R and the stock suspension is setup for woods racing . Thanks

you might want to get a lowering kit, they are pretty cheap and will deffinatly help you out alot in the turns and if your stock width you might want some wheel spacers or if you can afford it an extended axle and a-arms. i have not raced TT but my best guess for suspention would be setting it up pretty soft so the shocks sag to get your center of gravity as low as you can, and so when you get on it, the rear end will just squat so you dont pull up the front end.
    2003 400ex modded
    1999 300m tinted, lots of bass
    1996 ZR2 teal and lifted
    1995 camaro modded.....
    2000 440ex sold
    1997 300ex sold

might try the spacers . way cheaper than an axle or a arms . thanks

Take all of the preload out of your shocks to lower it. You might want to try a high rebound speed and low compression settings to try and get the shocks even softer. Ask around at the track, all of the TT guys in NC are more than willing to help. Great group of guys to race and hang out with.