Thread: 2006 MHSC report

Thumbs up 2006 MHSC report

Here in the 2006 MHSC series we have seen large turn out's , quality racing and awesome course's in;

Round #1
    We have started off the year w/ the 1st race at Westphalia w/ 184 riders with a great course set up and lay out, which we have all come to expect from Mo dirt riders. We had a interesting result with Zac johnson taking the win which isnt that surprsing really the kid I would have said but now the Man has come along way , with Todd Senger taking 2nd and Dave Hicks last years AA winnier taking 3rd. Ronnie Bloodworth would not be so lucky however with coming in to contact with a tree branch on the practice lap; he comes rolling in blood every where and says " I think I need to see the ambulance. Later we find out that the tree branch went into his helmet and through his cheek; what a tough ole boy.
    The Pee Wee race was awesome as well with 6 - 50cc's and in the 70 & 90 class there was 8 riders and wow did these kids put on a show with some awesome looking setups , to include Johnny Kellison's boy's bike , wow what a machine set up full blown race ready Kasea, and Zachery Sawyer's LEM machine and Tyler Shepard and Brian Johnson's decked out Suzuki 50's

Round # 2
    At Kahoka Mo Mike Burkhardt and his crew set up another punishing MX/ XC race for the series. One thing Xc racers have a hard time getting use to is the long and grueling course of mike's on the MX track. After about 1 hour you come out of the woods to see all his jumps and sawdust and you wish you were dead rather than approach them again. the woods were fast and the open setions were fast flyers.
    On the start was probably the biggest ATV crash I have ever seen with Nike Carter pulling a huge hole shot of 6 bikes only to cartwheel numerous times , while recovering from the crash and starting to stand up he gets ran over by the on comers not being able to see him throught the dust. Mike is fine now and will have a story to tell that not many recover from as well.
    Bryan Hulsey pulled in the 1st with Jake Wyatt on his heels for 2nd and Todd Senger coming in 3rd.
    The Pee Wee race was along course for them with 1.5 miles long and all of them coming out of it fine with the parents following close behind; which was allowed due to the length.

Round # 3
    At Seymour Mo there were 118 hard core riders racing back to back right after our huge National event ( GNCC) . It was a great course put on by Hillbilly racer productions which is known for thier winter series and has a huge following; Jon Simmons or more effectionately known as " Spud" put on a great show show and this one was no different from his famous off cambers to his infamous " Spud cut" .
    In the pro class it was Jake Wyatt continueing to show his speed with Dave Hicks giving the new kid a run for his money with less than 20 seconds between them and Ronnie Bloodworth taking 3rd.
    In the A class the new comer is Donnye Shrum of " Shrum Racing" and wow is this kid showing some speed now paractice with the top riders of the series, watch this boy I am telling you, he has the making of a pro rider in the GNCC ; as so many other in the series.

Round # 4
    In Jamestown mo our very own Duane Johnson showed up for some fun for the race; for those that dont know Duane is from the series and is now ranked #5 with only 3 point between him and 3rd palce in the GNCC. It would be Duane today , but it would not be handed to him easily , Dave Hicks who kept spped with the pro racer and finishing only 1 minute and 30 seconds behind him. At one point I had the pleasure, that is right pleasure to have them both pass me at the same time and wow what speed and effortless riding. They both deserve to be where they are . Jake Wyatt came in 3rd hot on their tails as well.
    The course was the tighest thus far in the year and very rocky and techinical.
    Everyone favorite girl and race reporter for Ex Riders Monica Chance eleceted to give racing a try for the first time rather than reporting it to us. She took on the course aboard a Honda 250 Ex and she did exceptoinally well considering the course on a stock bike to boot. Great job Monica for finishing, but the bad part of the story was that her daughter Taylor Chance beat her for the days bet. Better luck next time Monica, we still love ya.

Round # 5
    Here in the middle of Show me country was a palce called Marceline mo, being from Illinois I wasnt sure where this one was but soon found the country side diffrent from the rest of the show me state, not as rocky or severe hills as we were use to.
    It was a short course that made for some very much needed close racing . The course was made up of 1.5 miles of very tight woods and 1.5 miles of TT style racing in the fields.
    After 10 laps and 1 hour and 36 minutes is would be all Dave Hicks taking the win with Josh Eaton taking 2nd and Jake Wyatt taking 3rd. While sitting in the woods broke down myself I saw 3 come by me many times and I still dont know how they do it.

Round # 6
    The Famous March Of Dimes race in Park hills Mo.
    This race has been going for almost 3 decades now with the help of Greg Kinklear, Tom Prendergast, Gary Horn, Bryan Jones and Geoff George , Missourri department of recreation, Park Hills citzens and counsel members the March Of Dimes and many more.
    We started out in town with parading 126 ATV down main street and everyone out to wave and wish us luck it was another great feeling that the people come out to greet us at the start .
    The course was 11.5 miles of long with alot of technical off cambers, a whoop section that was a 1/4 mile long and fast let hang out section's and the now famous " Kinklear cut" which is a up hill off camber jump robbing you of you speed, he really makes it hard on us.
    If the course wasnt bad enough now add 70% sand and you have a great race, we got around 3.5 inches of rain 2 days before and made for some great traction and dust free.
    In the AA class it would be Bryan Hulsey coming in 1st with Jake Wyatt coming in 3 seconds behind him and the 3rd place would go to Jeff Range who led the first 2 laps and coming in only 6 seconds behind the leader. In the A class it was Donnye Shrum again. In the Stock Class Geoff George would take his first win
    for the year so now we need to get him back down to ground leval, really though Geoff great job you deserve it.
    The entire top 20 was stacked full of fast racers that all deserve a hats off as well as any one who finished this race.
    The Pee wee race had a large line up with Zac Sawyer , Tyler Shepard and Garret Shepard going at in in the 50 cc class and what a show they put on with Zac taking the win and Tyler flipping his quad and Garrett showing his stuff on his firts race ever.
    In the 90 and 70 class we had 6 mini's as well and wow , I followed behind some of these kids and thought many times that they are picking lines I ddint even see and the speed.
    Brian Johnson debuted his 70 against the 90's and did a great job as well sticking it out in 95 degree weather with the rest of the riders. I want to say thanks to Gary Horn for setting up a great mini course.

We still have 2 more race's in the series so be sure to check us out at EX Riders, MHSC Racing .com, or ATV Racing Extra.

Thanks everyone your all a great group of people.
    Scott B Johnson
    # 75
    MHSC

No more ATV politics just another racer again.

nice report scott.

Thanks Scott for making it sound better than it was

Good job Scott, thanks for takin' the time to write all that up. Enjoyed reading it.
    Proud mama of teen racer.
    Thanks to: S&S Pallet Corp., ADJ Trucking Inc., Kids depot, Inside the Lines, State Street Warehouse, Dirt Works, Shrum's Garage, Tire Balls, Pro Taper, IMS, LRD, Pivot Works, Moose Racing, Spider Grips, ZBroz Racing, Dirt Works, Hot Cams, Smith Optics, Alpine Stars, Maier, & Precision Powersports.
    Without you all, our racing experience would not be this great.