Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pro circuit or curtis sparks?

pro circuit or curtis sparks?

i need a new exhaust for my 88' 250r. im currently running an old fmf. its rusting away and very old. FMF doesnt even make this exhaust anymore. so i was thinking about pro circuit. i had one on my 400ex and i really liked it but. thats a four stroke. does pro circuit make a good exhaust for 2 strokes?? also my friend said that curtis sparks makes an exclent exhaust for the 250R. is this true? which would one would you recomend? i do trail riding, and want mid to top end power. your help would be grealy appreciated.
    some people fall, some get up, some dont, i want to leave this world the same way i came into it, screaming and covered in blood.

trx400ex ( sold ) $1,000

trx 250R(sold) $2,000

recon trx250

yamaha blaster Special Edition 2006
    -FMF sst exhaust system full
    -twin air cleaner
    -air box vents
    -dg grab bar
    -cut fenders front and rear
    -5 inch front end widing kit
    SOON TO HAVE
    - DG national bumper
    - Tag t2 bars
    - v-force 3 reeds
    - weisco hi performace piston
    - hinson clutch kit
    - g-force axle

ford ranger '00 xlt
    -cherry bomb glass pack exhaust system

-3 in. body lift

-K&N cold air intake

A lot of folks like the Sparks, LRD, & ESR exhausts for the 250r.

Hit the 250r forum. Loads of pipe info there.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

alright thanks man.

-Kevin
    some people fall, some get up, some dont, i want to leave this world the same way i came into it, screaming and covered in blood.

trx400ex ( sold ) $1,000

trx 250R(sold) $2,000

recon trx250

-twin air cleaner
    -air box vents
    -dg grab bar
    SOON TO HAVE
    - DG national bumper
    - Tag t2 bars
    - v-force 3 reeds
    - hinson clutch kit
    - g-force axle

ford ranger '00 xlt

-3 in. body lift

-K&N cold air intake

Don't get a junky generic pipe like the Pro Circuit or FMF (I hate mine!)

Get the Sparks or LRD. ESR is REALLY good if you have matched porting.
    Jeff

2008 Yamaha Raptor 700

2003 Honda CBR954RR

no i dont have much done to this bike. i really want to keep it that way to. try to keep the engine as stock as possible with the exception on some bolt on power kits. right no i have an air filter fmf gold series and an moose racing air filter. so what LRD be the better buy or curtis sparks or CT?

trx400ex ( sold ) $1,000

trx 250R(sold) $2,000

recon trx250

-twin air cleaner
    -air box vents
    -dg grab bar
    SOON TO HAVE
    - DG national bumper
    - Tag t2 bars
    - v-force 3 reeds
    - hinson clutch kit
    - g-force axle

ford ranger '00 xlt

-3 in. body lift

-K&N cold air intake

If you can afford it, buy the LRD adjustable. You can adjust this pipe to have a longer or shorter expansion chamber, which makes for different power and more flexible fine tuning.

I really don't reccomend the generic pipes like FMF or Pro Circuit. They are 2 piece pipes and are nowhere near the performance gains of the 3 piece LRD, ESR or Sparks pipes. I do think, however, that the Sparks pipe has become very rare.

Like I said, if you have the cash go with the LRD.
    Jeff

2008 Yamaha Raptor 700

2003 Honda CBR954RR

Well///

Iliketogofast probably never tried to use the ProCircuit. I would not say anything about the 2 stroke bikes, however my YFZ gain a **** LOAD of power after I installed my TI 4 Titanium (Pro Circuit)
    Curtis Sparks is very good as well however they do not have titanium pipes so the weight loss of my pipe is bigger!
    Now the idea is to compare the weight loss to power ratio and see which is better
    Korniev

Re: Well///

Originally posted by korniev
    Iliketogofast probably never tried to use the ProCircuit. I would not say anything about the 2 stroke bikes, however my YFZ gain a **** LOAD of power after I installed my TI 4 Titanium (Pro Circuit)
    Curtis Sparks is very good as well however they do not have titanium pipes so the weight loss of my pipe is bigger!
    Now the idea is to compare the weight loss to power ratio and see which is better
    My $11 parking brake block off took off nearly as much weight as your $600+ exhaust.
    Research Assistant
    Engine Research Center
    University of Wisconsin-Madison
    Department of Mechanical Engineering

2003 400ex
    2005 Arctic Cat F7 EFI

first of all, the FMF pipes are GREAT all around pipes for the money! I don't know where you guys get the idea that they suck. Find me a better pipe for the price.

As far as the Pro Circuit, don't even bother. They do not have the R&D needed to make a good pipe. And i have never heard anyone say anything good about a pro circuit pipe.

Now a Sparks pipe would be ideal to get, but like someone said they have become extremely rare, and will run about 250 for a used pipe. But they are well worth it for a ported motor. Some people like the MX and some like the TT. Personally i prefer the TT.

ESR pipes are also good. You can't go wrong with there trx 5. it will give you good all around power.

If you don't have much engine work done you should just have the fmf pipe re-chromed. It will be much cheaper and it will work great on a stock cylinder. This is personally what i would do.
    '87 trx 250r w/ a few goodies
    SPARKS TT PIPE F/S

Re: Well///

Originally posted by korniev
    I'm sorry but the weight of a pipe is negligible, and to try and factor that into a power to weight ration is crazy. The idea of a titanium pipe is crazy, its a gimmick that allows them to raise the price a couple of hundred dollars.

And to say that a sparks pipe is inferior to a Pro Circuit because they are not titanium is.... i don't even know how to describe how crazy of a statement that is. If the titanium pro circuit pipe is so great then why is it not sought after. You never hear anything about PC.

If you don't know about 2-stroke bikes, more importantly the 250r why are you responding? You're just wasting space.
    '87 trx 250r w/ a few goodies
    SPARKS TT PIPE F/S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast