Thread: full exhousts vs slip on- for honda 400 trx 2005 help

Question full exhousts vs slip on- for honda 400 trx 2005 help

hello everyone i need some advise whats the diference in a slip on mufler to a full one, which is faster and whats the diferences, and last how can i stop the heating up from my mufler any special parts to cool it down since i burn the **** ou of my leg sometimes or will a better muffler be better thanks for any input peace

Theres really no difference between full and slip-on, except for about half a hp or the price. If you plan on doing some engine work, big bore, cam etc... then go for it. The more modded your motor is, the more power your gonna recieve from the full pipe.

If you dont want something too loud but still powerfull, get a Yoshimura, if you want something really loud, deep and powerfull, HMF or CURTIS SPARKS, sparks only makes full system though.
    "Cleveland Steamer"

400ex Sparks/Axis/Houser/TCS/AC/Pro-Armor/ASV

cool thanks

Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
    Theres really no difference between full and slip-on, except for about half a hp or the price. If you plan on doing some engine work, big bore, cam etc... then go for it. The more modded your motor is, the more power your gonna recieve from the full pipe.

If you dont want something too loud but still powerfull, get a Yoshimura, if you want something really loud, deep and powerfull, HMF or CURTIS SPARKS, sparks only makes full system though.
    yah he hit it on the nail pretty dang good....

check and see what the difference is between a stock header and the aftermarket ones... i know on the yfzs the stock header is pretty dang big and the aftermarket ones arent too much different...
    06 YFZ450
    1988 TRX 250R
    2001 XR 50
    1984 Honda 200S
    1776 Turbo Sandrail

With the full system the quad seems to run smoother. If you run a stock motor slip on will be fine. If your going to build it get the full system.
    V-Twin King Quad

Sparks makes slip-ons but they are about $425 but I would say get the slip-on right now because without the head work done or higher compression its just gonna rob horse power because the aftermarket header is designed too flow more gases than the stocker. Most likely you would lose a good amount of power over it, but if you are doing head work right after u buy it then thats a different story. I'd say HMF or Pro Circuit if your looking for a pretty good sound and alot of low end to midrange power and pretty good top end, but if you are looking to get a really good midrange hit I would go with a White Brothers e-series and its got a great sound too it.
    2004 450r
    -Renthal Bars
    -Polished HMF Slip-on(Eliptical)
    -K&N filter w/outerwear
    -Dyno Jet Kit

awesome

Sparks doesnt make slip-ons for a 400ex.
    "Cleveland Steamer"

400ex Sparks/Axis/Houser/TCS/AC/Pro-Armor/ASV