Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steering Stem

Steering Stem

Does anybody have a problem with a creek and movement of the predator steering stem?

Mine has made a creek noise from day one almost I wouldn't worry to much about it. As far as movement goes maybe you need some new tie rod ends?
    2004 Predator TLD- PP nerfs, PP Exhaust, Twin air clampon.

The movement is up top! I replaced the steering bracket and bushing and after a couple of rides it is back. Do you have movement at that point? It is very little but still it drives me nuts.

yeah I think it comes from some where around the top of the steering stem I have hardly any play in my steering though like maybe a 1/16th of an inch of play
    2004 Predator TLD- PP nerfs, PP Exhaust, Twin air clampon.

Mine was the same until I got the HPD stem with bearing carrier at the top, If feels awsome now and smoothe.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2005LE Pred,Carby mod,shock covers, PP pipe modded, proarmor nerfs + grab bar + bumber, FLEXX BARS + HPD stem anti vibe+1"+ PRO X Tie rods ( crap ) + PP teather + Douglas Beadlocks with Holeshot MX4 19s and MX6 20s on front + Twin air clamp + K+N Breathers + fox Podium shocks.HPD throttle body, DID x-ring chain

Thumbs up

Thanks again, I found that same one today looking online. I liked the bearing carrier it looked alot beefier then stock.

The hpd stem I think is better than the rath stem only for the simple fact that it is a lot more beefier than raths. I especially liked the way that it didn't flex and made handling a lot better!

yup, HPD the way to go with stemage. Mines 05 +1" over stock hight which sits perdy with the antivibe mount and flexx bars.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2005LE Pred,Carby mod,shock covers, PP pipe modded, proarmor nerfs + grab bar + bumber, FLEXX BARS + HPD stem anti vibe+1"+ PRO X Tie rods ( crap ) + PP teather + Douglas Beadlocks with Holeshot MX4 19s and MX6 20s on front + Twin air clamp + K+N Breathers + fox Podium shocks.HPD throttle body, DID x-ring chain

Looks sweet! I see the lihgts in the fender but what about the ignition key and choke? And how about the flex bars do they make a big difference? Sorry about all the ? but I am getting back into ridding and getting exited to upgrade some parts.

The ignition key is under the lights and the choke is mounted under the seat. The flex bars are the dux nuts, way worth the extra bones, they dont bend when you roll your quad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast