Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Securing the ATV

I just use electrical tape to hold the loose ends (so when I stop for fuel, food, etc. I can tighten them up if needed

use any color OTHER than black

the black will leave a nasty residue of the glue, colors come off clean
    2006 trx450r
    2006 yfz450
    2008 400ex
    1999 400ex
    2008 250ex
    2011 rzr S

for bikes i use four straps typically. i use this piece that goes across the handle bars and strap from there with ratcheting straps only so that each strap provides protection from movement both from the bike going forward or backwards since when driving, pressure is placed on the bike going both ways. I then find two more mounting points on either side of the frame in the rear so that i can compress the rear about the same amount as it would as i would be sitting on it. Those are also set up to prevent forward and rear movement. reason for doing this is that straps will inevitably fail, doesnt matter whether it has happened to you yet or not. cinch straps are worthless imo, i wouldnt trust anything with them as the moment they get wet they will slip and probably will when dry.
    for quads i typically use 3-4 as well. one from the rear grab bar, one from the front bumper, and then two wherever is needed keeping in mind what will happen if one fails.
    for bikes and quads i only will use one inch ratchet straps that i trust. if there is possible rubbing areas, use a tough material in the area that could rub to prevent damage and or strap failure.
    for vehicles i only use 10k chains and devices. two pulling forward on either side of the frame, two pulling back on either side of the frame, and two in the mid as i see fit typically.
    for all vehicles and quads ets, when i am securing them, they will be in nuetral. once fully secured i place them into park/ gear.
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tater_kamik/my_photos

http://www.myspace.com/tater_kamik

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234