Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: tomahawk's mx race this weekend?

The classes will also include youth classes. They should be as follows...

Classes:

Adult

"A"
    "B"
    "C" (Novice & 1st year riders)
    Vet (30+)
    Senior (40+)

Youth

0-50cc Ltd. (4-6 yrs)
    0-50cc Prod. (6-8 yrs)
    51-70cc Prod. (6-11 yrs)
    71-90cc Prod. (8-15 yrs)
    200 2s/300 4s Prod. Youth (13-15 yrs)

District 7 Rules/Classes

Also according to the TMX website there is a new "quad track" so you may be racing on a new track???

We will be in the area and may stop out to watch but will not be racing.
    Adam

Make sure you check out Breezewood Proving Grounds

I had heard and I believe the website states quads are racing on the "main track". I sure hope it's not $35 for practice and an additional $25 to race. If that's the case maybe that's another of telling quads they are not welcome there.

Treake....It sounds like you bike is officially "broke in". How many tools did you lose or break when you realized what all was messed up. lol

Originally posted by D-7#61-450r
    Also if Pappy shows up there is always great photo's.
    As much as I would love to be there to see everyone and get coverage, I can not support a facility that does not support quads. Good luck to everyone, everyone be safe, and if you have the time, swing up to breezewood after the race for some great riding on saturday. www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Originally posted by Delaware152
    I had heard and I believe the website states quads are racing on the "main track". I sure hope it's not $35 for practice and an additional $25 to race. If that's the case maybe that's another of telling quads they are not welcome there.

Treake....It sounds like you bike is officially "broke in". How many tools did you lose or break when you realized what all was messed up. lol

I would definitely say that it's a pretty good indication that he is taking advantage of the situation and he's not interested in running quads. I wonder if he's charging the bikes the same amount to practice from 9-12.

I guess you can say that the bike is officially "broke in." You will be surprised to hear that I didn't lose any tools or break anything. I figured since I was already going to be out quite a bit of money to fix the quad that I best not have to buy new tools in the process. Not to mention, I was to sore in the mid section to toss anything. Although I was looking for something to hit or beat on with a hammer. Ha!Ha! A buddy called when I was in this state to get an update on the damage and quickly wanted to go. Ha!Ha! I never expected to get hit that hard in the Vet class. I still have tire marks on my nerfs and a-arms and it still gets me fired up when I see it. Ha!Ha! I'm sending the shock back today and ordering a new tie rod.

Copied from the TMX site:

Next Race: July 8th -
    Quad Race Gates open at 12 for race. Race starts 3:45pm
    Practice (Main Track) 9-12am - $35
    No Bikes that day!

Still don't know weather to get there at 9 or 12....
    Hate to get there at 9 and can't practice until 12...
    If no bikes are going to be there that day, why isn't practice listed from 9 to 3...
    I'm cornfused.....
    I'm just getting there at 11 - 11:30 hopeing to practice for a quad race from 12 to 3 and race at 3:45....I guess we'll all see on Saturday...

TMX will not (or they havent in the past) a race unless they get the turnout needed to break even. If they require 70 quads and only 45 show, the race may not be run

Pappy you are correct. I remember a race there last year, that was cancelled (we ended up having a practice day) because there was less than 70 quads. I was out there on Tuesday, and the track was in bad shape. Not many people there, and no quads practicing on that small quad track. The track is running the opposite direction, it looked like the bike mx guys were struggling with the direction.

I hadn't planned on going, because they stopped supporting us, and I have tried to talk to Chad and e-mail him about letting us ride there again. He has NO interest in it at all. I posted a thread on this issue a while back, and got some feedback from you and Dupontster on not going.

You of all people should really voice a opinion about this issue since you mentioned to me that you only live minutes from Tomahawk. Breezewood looks better and better every day.
    2013 Yamaha YFZ450R
    GYTR and DWT Components...

2013 District 13 40+ (Senior) Class MDRA too...if they have quads again...

I wonder why they even have the quads there at all if they don't want them...We (D7) have 2 races there this year...You almost have to run them if you want to stay up in the points...We were just going to pass on it but we are leading in points and don't want to give the lead away just because we didn't show for a race....We are going to check it out this weekend and see what happens....

Originally posted by DBF1972

You of all people should really voice a opinion about this issue since you mentioned to me that you only live minutes from Tomahawk. Breezewood looks better and better every day.
    I have many faults, and giving folks 1 chance only is one of them. I supported every event they had up until the point they stopped letting quads practice. I dont know where else you will find someone as dedicated as I am to supporting atv events so when I refuse you know there is an issue.

Well said Pappy. I will probably pass on it, and head on up to Breezewood or Blue Diamond instead.

Dupontster, good luck and let me know how it was. I "may" go, but I doubt it. Take your time during practice, Chad has changed the track a bit to accommodate the direction change. We'll see....Pappy has a very good point.

I have also spent a lot of time there last year, and have supported Tomahawk throughout the years. I just hate it has to come to an end like this.
    2013 Yamaha YFZ450R
    GYTR and DWT Components...

2013 District 13 40+ (Senior) Class MDRA too...if they have quads again...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast