Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tomahawk's mx race this weekend?

tomahawk's mx race this weekend?

is anyone goin to it? i plan on making it my first race and i'm kinda scetchy about it, is there a big turn out for the district in the C class? i don't really wanna go back to that place after what they did to us quad guys but i need to get my first race in, i hate just goin to the track and practicing i wanna be apart of the racing comunity u know... lol enough talk, anyone goin?

I will be going. It will most likley be District 7 and 13 combined cause it is a Saturday race. Last Saturday I raced at Dinwittie VA and there was 23 riders in C class. That was the biggest gate that day.

Does anybody know details on this weekend? Website states open practice 9-12 for $35. Gates open 12 and racing starts at 3:45. I assume there would be a race practice? $35 for three hours of open practice is a little high or does that include race entry? I have left a message but have not received a call back yet. I didn't know if anybody knew some more details.

I'm planning on sending an email to try and get more details. Unfortunately, I'll be on the other quad this weekend. Thanks to someone smashing into me in the first turn at VMP, there's more damage than I thought, right down to the frame.

I sent an e-mail and got a reply right back....I asked if the morning practice was for bikes...and quad practice at 12 noon...This is what it said and I am copying and pasting...."Yes, the practice from 12 -3 is for Quads only, and it is $35. You can practice from 12-3 and if you are racing, there will be another short practice before the race." That is telling me that we don't need to be there until around 12...Quad practice is 12 to 3 with a short practice then quad racing at 3:45....I think this is JUST a D7 race and not a 13....

It is only a D7 race. D13 is at VMP this weekend.

Thats what I thought....Hell, we'll be out of there by 5....

Correct me if I'm wrong but D7 Quads consist of A, B, C, +30 & +40...That's going to be a short day....

Its a good thing that it has rained. TMX sucks when it is dry. Everyone watch out for the tomahawk chop, unfortunately it always seems to get someone there. Also I hope they give ya'll the nice plaques again not the baseball cards they gave last year, including A class. Not trying to discurage anyone because the track can be fun and it is fast as long as the crew running the show is in a good mood. Also if Pappy shows up there is always great photo's.
    07 450ER
    O4 450R
    07 300ex
    05 Kasea lc 70 skyhawk
    05 Kasea 50 skyhawk
    CT3Motorsports

For some reason I am getting a bad feeling about this place....I have heard nothing but bad things about it...We're going to see it first hand...The way I understand it: There will be practice for the 2 wheel bikes from 9 to 12....Then there will be quad practice from 12 to 3 for $35.00....Quad racing for D7 begins at 3:45...That sure isn't going to be much racing...A, B, C, and Vet...I also hear that they have 2 tracks.....If we run on the "good" track we'll be OK...If not brace yourself...I'm not planning on getting there until maybe 11 or so....I guess we'll see....

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast