Thread: 400ex Head, vavles, and cam specs

400ex Head, vavles, and cam specs

well i had to take the head off my 400ex to have the sparkplug hole retapped and i was wondering if somebody could possibly give me the

Head Torque specs:

Cam Timming specs:

and Valve Specs:

your help is greatly appreciated considering i dont have a repair manuel
    IF YOU DONT HAVE WINGS U DONT HAVE A PRAYER!!

2004 Honda Rancher 400 A/t: Project quad. mods to come after i repair it

2006 TRX 450ER: HRC kit, AC blackline pro peg nerfbars, AC front bumper, DOXO shockwears, DMP Graphics kit

(SOLD)2002 400ex: shaved front plastics, k&n air filter, rejetted carb, Holeshot mxr rears, holeshot mx fronts, ac pro peg nerfs, ac front bumper, tag handle bars, Magnum rev box,nacs head light caps, nacs E brake block off, TC shorty exhaust, n-style graphics kit, and dirtbike clutch lever and perch

Re: 400ex Head, vavles, and cam specs

Head Torque specs:33 LB Ft

Cam Timming specs: just line the parelel marks on the cam sprocket up with the head. Look at it when you take it apart.

and Valve Specs:.004in .005 ex

Re: Re: 400ex Head, vavles, and cam specs

Originally posted by K_Fulk

Cam Timming specs: just line the parelel marks on the cam sprocket up with the head. Look at it when you take it apart.

and just incase you dont know make sure the lobes of the cam are facing down. and when you set the timing make sure its at top dead center.
    450r DRG POWER, HOUSER-RACING,OHLINS, AMSOIL, ENGINE-ICE, TAG-METALS, RENTHAL.
    C.W.I.R.A-open grandprix quad champion
    C.W.I.R.A- 3rd open pro quad
    C.W.I.R.A-2nd pro-am production quad

Re: Re: 400ex Head, vavles, and cam specs

Originally posted by K_Fulk

thanks a bunch guys...now tomorrow all ive gotta do is drill the head out and heli coil it and put it all back together...
    IF YOU DONT HAVE WINGS U DONT HAVE A PRAYER!!

2004 Honda Rancher 400 A/t: Project quad. mods to come after i repair it

2006 TRX 450ER: HRC kit, AC blackline pro peg nerfbars, AC front bumper, DOXO shockwears, DMP Graphics kit

(SOLD)2002 400ex: shaved front plastics, k&n air filter, rejetted carb, Holeshot mxr rears, holeshot mx fronts, ac pro peg nerfs, ac front bumper, tag handle bars, Magnum rev box,nacs head light caps, nacs E brake block off, TC shorty exhaust, n-style graphics kit, and dirtbike clutch lever and perch