Thread: dirtbike question

dirtbike question

How is the matience on a dirtbike 250f. I am deciding on either a 125 2 stroke or the 250f. I dont no much about the 4stroke and wanted to no about the matience. Thanks!!
    Red 04 400EX

K&N w/ Precharger
    DG nerf bars w/ heel guard
    Pro Taper SE handlebars
    Dyno Jet Kit
    Full system Yoshimura RS-3
    Razr II all around

RIDE RED!!

check oil and fill up with gas

Originally posted by mathewsoutback
    check oil and fill up with gas
    and adjust the valves every now and then

4 stroke is the way to go

if ur racing 100% 4 stroke u would be stupid to go 2 stroke. If ur trail riding or just playing around 2 stroke for sure there alot more fun to play around on, But the 4 strokes are so much better to race. I had a 2004 crf 250 u need to check ur valves about 2 times are year or so change both oils (u only need to change both oils for honda's tho) clean air filter and u need to replace the air filter every so often cause they dont last long, adjust chain, rebuild suspesnion ever year (u dont have to but i recomend it if racing), again u dont have to but i like to flush my rad 1 a year, and thats it. There alot of work and money thats why i sold my crf 250 and i did all the work my self also lol. Put it this way a spark plug for my 400ex is 3.99 CND a spark plug for my old cr 80 was 10.99 CND and a spark plug for my crf 250 was 25.99 CND
    2001 honda 440ex
    -big bore 440 kit, white bros slip on, nacs graphics, hot cams stage 2, omf air scoops, Blue renthal fat bars, k&n air filter and pre filter, prm skid plates, ac front bumper, peg extensions, ex racing chain, blue frame, douglas rear rims, gusseted frame, hinson clutch, parkbrake block off, DG fat nerfs, Msr donominator clucth perch and Msr hp lever, Fat bar pad, Pro Grip grips, Maxxis Razr tires, Maier 250r hood, White Bros Rev limiter, Works G series tripple rates.

2000 polaris scrambler 500

I think im gunna have to disagree about gettin a 125 for the woods.....the 250 forstroke is far better in the woods then a 125...IMO..iv had 125s and have rode the new 4strokes
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't"

Wish in one hand,Sh*t in the other and see what fills up first..

02 400ex
    01 gixer 750
    89 El tigre 600(woodsbeater aka the champ
    94 fortrax 300 4x4

Four strokes suck. Maintenance is way worse, and it is so much harder to work on them.

They have valves, cams, timing chains, ect... All useless garbage - wastes of space. Plus you have to change the oil every week. Power up mods on 4 strokes aren't as responsive, either.

I'm getting a 450R soon (keeping the 250R, of course!), but I'm really dreading the first time I have to take the top end off. I HATE working on my freind's Raptor for him, and my 400EX wasn't much easier either.

You should ride both, though, before you make a descision.
    Jeff

2008 Yamaha Raptor 700

2003 Honda CBR954RR

Originally posted by idontknowwhoiam
    I think im gunna have to disagree about gettin a 125 for the woods.....the 250 forstroke is far better in the woods then a 125...IMO..iv had 125s and have rode the new 4strokes
    LMAO u have got to be kidding clearly u have never tryed to drive a 250f on the trails its a absolute nightmare the gearing and the torque pulls so hard, so if ur trying to go up a hill the front end wont say down. I had a cr 80 (i know theres a big differnce in engine size but still) I could rip that bike through the trails cause the 2 strokes just dont have the extreme torque as a 250f
    2001 honda 440ex
    -big bore 440 kit, white bros slip on, nacs graphics, hot cams stage 2, omf air scoops, Blue renthal fat bars, k&n air filter and pre filter, prm skid plates, ac front bumper, peg extensions, ex racing chain, blue frame, douglas rear rims, gusseted frame, hinson clutch, parkbrake block off, DG fat nerfs, Msr donominator clucth perch and Msr hp lever, Fat bar pad, Pro Grip grips, Maxxis Razr tires, Maier 250r hood, White Bros Rev limiter, Works G series tripple rates.

theres my old bike so yes i did own 1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2001 honda 440ex

well ya a cr 80 isnt gunna have the torque that a 250 has...im not sayin 2strokes are no good in the woods...ridin 125s in the woods around here you are always using ur clutch cuz they jus dont have the bottom end....a 250(2 stroke) does fine..more ballz...ya ya iv ridin 4strokes and almost bought one
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't"

Wish in one hand,Sh*t in the other and see what fills up first..

02 400ex
    01 gixer 750
    89 El tigre 600(woodsbeater aka the champ
    94 fortrax 300 4x4

I have ridden both and I don't know which is for sure better. But I had more fun on the 125 2-stroke.
    01' 440ex
    Ported head
    K&N Air Filter
    Jetted carb
    Barnett race clutch
    DMC Alien Full exhaust
    Billet carrier
    14/39 Sprockets
    AC front bumper
    AC nerfs
    Twist Throttle
    Pro Taper 1-1/8" bars