Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: torque specs for cam and head

torque specs for cam and head

i was wonder what the torque specs were for the head studs and the cam sprocket bolts? it will have the hotcams in it but i assume they are the same cam torque specs. i don't know if they changed much but it is a 2003 if that matters.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

ok, i found out that the head gets torqued to 33.5 ftlbs but i still need to know what the cam sprocket gets torqued to.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

7ft/lbs or 84in/lbs

here ya go!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JAMES

2004 Black SE YFZ450 Fasst Flexx Bars | Namura High comp. piston | DID heavy duty cam chain | GYTR Kicker| SS brake lines| GYTR pipe & filter | DG fat nerfs | Full skid plates | AC Grab bar | 4 razr 2s on ITP rims| Gibson steering stabilizer | DOXO graphics | Pro Armor bumper | powermadds

2004 Yellow LTZ400 - White bros slip on | uni filter w/ outerwears & no lid | Fly ATV bars | denton steering stabilizer | Klaw Fronts & Knarly Rears | Works Shocks

1972 Kawasaki 100
    1993 Chevy S10 Pickup
    AIM Walls450

thanks for the help guys. it is for a friend of mine and the damn service manual has not came in yet and we were sick of waiting.

i dont' see the camshaft sprocket torque on that chart?
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

also, i don't know if anyone has had a problem but we cracked the exhaust camshaft holder while torquing the head cover on. we had it set to 10 ft-lbs and we didn't even get it that tight and that cam holder cracked. i don't know if this is a common problem or if we just had some bad luck.

is there a cheap place to order suzuki parts online? something like service honda, but for suzuki's? the quicker the shipping the better too. thanks again
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

See the part that says "Camshaft journal holder bolt"... 7ft/lbs like I said.

I can pull my head down and switch cams in my sleep.

Nator187

nator, i thought that torque was for the 8 bolts on top of the head that hold the camshaft holders down and not for the cam sprocket?
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

just for reference, i talked to hotcams and they said the cam sprocket bolts get torqued to 14 ft-lbs.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

Originally posted by cals400ex
    just for reference, i talked to hotcams and they said the cam bolts get torqued to 14 ft-lbs.
    that is scanned straight out of my service manual...
    JAMES

2004 Black SE YFZ450 Fasst Flexx Bars | Namura High comp. piston | DID heavy duty cam chain | GYTR Kicker| SS brake lines| GYTR pipe & filter | DG fat nerfs | Full skid plates | AC Grab bar | 4 razr 2s on ITP rims| Gibson steering stabilizer | DOXO graphics | Pro Armor bumper | powermadds

2004 Yellow LTZ400 - White bros slip on | uni filter w/ outerwears & no lid | Fly ATV bars | denton steering stabilizer | Klaw Fronts & Knarly Rears | Works Shocks

1972 Kawasaki 100
    1993 Chevy S10 Pickup
    AIM Walls450

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast