Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody going to Glamis over Labor Day

Anybody going to Glamis over Labor Day

I will be going for my first time so I would like to meet some people that will be there labor day weekend I can ride with a little. (Got to keep the Girlfriend satisfied also)
    330ex
    Powroll 330 11:1 comp. kit installed by Pro Fab ATV, valve job, titanium valve springs, #254 webcam, hardened rocker arms, Cobra pipe and silencer, K&N Filter, 14T front sprocket, custom fox shocks, custom 350x oil cooler, shock and filter Outerwears, choke removed, AC grab bar, WB nerfs, Fly handle bars, cut fenders

Trail Claw rears w/ stock rims
    Kenda Gecko sand tires w/ ITP 190's

250ex
    stock for now(Girlfriends), just tires
    GBC Sand Sharks w/ Douglas .125

Your gonna cook....... way too hot... Make sure you take plenty of water and an air conditioned RV.

Some friends and I are going that friday night to ride at night and early morning. We will be at the end of gecko road.If you like you can ride with us. I will be riding my yellow 400ex witha factory FX graphics and trailtech lights. look us up my name is tony. Glamis is HUGE be carefull about riding alone it is dangerous. Carry lots of water if you breakdown you could die. Really. Two people already died this summer when their dune buggy broke down, and they where only three miles from camp!!. I am not trying to scare you but it is easy to get lost there and the dunes are Huge. Try to hook up with another group. Good luck, If you need any other info let me know.
    Last edited by Dune Surfer; 08-19-2002 at 09:57 PM.
    06 YFZ, Alba exhaust, K&N, nerfs, trailtech x-bars, trailtech torch lights, trailtech HID lights, ac full body skid plate, one industries graphics, TCS front shocks, TCS rear shock rebuild, Alba +2 a-arms, alba bumper, AC cooler rack. ITP C9 wheels, sandskate 1 paddles, GBC dune runner fronts, Precision stabilizer, Alba porting, cam mod

You guys are all insane, I won't go to Glamis untill halloween weekend and even then it can still get in the low 90's. In sept., especially early sept. expect temp. to be in the low 100's maybe if your lucky high 90's. In the night it's like 80. Have fun though.
    2001 Duncan Racing National 440ex
    Power Cylinder 4000 12:1 JE
    web cam 463/9i, port & polish, 3 angle valve job, hardend rockers, titanium valve springs.
    Duncan Racing Fat Boy 4 Exhaust
    1mm oversized blackdiamond intake and exhaust valves
    15 point gusseted frame powder coated candy apple red
    Doug Eichner Signature Series Edelbrock Carb
    Procom CDI ignition
    Hinson Basket, Removable Side Case
    Sparks 8 plate clutch
    Custom graphics and seat cover
    Custom air intake with K&n Filter
    everything is polished and billet
    Roll Design chrome swing arm
    Elka dual rate ssd with LT linkage
    TCS ZPS, douglas ultimate billet beadlock wheels with Maxxis Razr's
    Roll +1.5" chrome anti vibe stem with Tag T-2 oversized bars cr hi bend
    Herrmann arms Trail Tech HID Lights w/ custom billet mount (for the dunes)
    Overized UM vented oil tank FST oil cooler kit and even more

Originally posted by Big - D Racing
    You guys are all insane, I won't go to Glamis untill halloween weekend and even then it can still get in the low 90's. In sept., especially early sept. expect temp. to be in the low 100's maybe if your lucky high 90's. In the night it's like 80. Have fun though.

How do you think I felt when I went to Glamis/Buttercup through all of JULY this summer! The temperatures had to be close to 120 during the afternoon...CRAZY! But, I had so much fun...so heat didnt matter to me.....

If you don't get to go often, it is worth a summer trip, I'm one hour 30 mins. away from Glamis and have been there hundreds of times. So I wait untill the temp. falls just like most people who live out here.
    P.S. Butter Cup is about 30 mins. away from Glamis. I just didn't know if you knew that or not because you wrote "Glamis/Buttercup" like it is the same desert. I'm not trying to be rude.
    2001 Duncan Racing National 440ex
    Power Cylinder 4000 12:1 JE
    web cam 463/9i, port & polish, 3 angle valve job, hardend rockers, titanium valve springs.
    Duncan Racing Fat Boy 4 Exhaust
    1mm oversized blackdiamond intake and exhaust valves
    15 point gusseted frame powder coated candy apple red
    Doug Eichner Signature Series Edelbrock Carb
    Procom CDI ignition
    Hinson Basket, Removable Side Case
    Sparks 8 plate clutch
    Custom graphics and seat cover
    Custom air intake with K&n Filter
    everything is polished and billet
    Roll Design chrome swing arm
    Elka dual rate ssd with LT linkage
    TCS ZPS, douglas ultimate billet beadlock wheels with Maxxis Razr's
    Roll +1.5" chrome anti vibe stem with Tag T-2 oversized bars cr hi bend
    Herrmann arms Trail Tech HID Lights w/ custom billet mount (for the dunes)
    Overized UM vented oil tank FST oil cooler kit and even more

Yea, sorry I didnt make that clear. Yea, I rode at Buttercup for about 23 days since it is only 30 minutes away fromt Yuma, AZ where I stayed. I went to Glamis for a couple days, and that was about a lil more than a one hour drive from Yuma...Ill Be back during DECEMBER...i wanna see what the CRAZE during the season really is!

own2424,

Oh man, if you come out at Thanksgiving, you will know what it's like to be in the center of madness. It sure is fun tho.

Hey Big D racing, what part of Diego you from? I'm in Escondido.

Later

Glamis
    NEW RIDE.....
    Houser Framed '02 CRF450 Hybrid. Powdercoated gold, chrome Houser sub-frame, Houser +4 no-link swingarm, +2 houser a arms, Houser stem, Tag T2 bars, +4 Dominator2 axle, Elka rear shock, Fox Float front shocks, Hardkore hubs, Dream waterpump cover, Dream clutch cover, Fullbore plastic, AC Pro-pegs,braided brake lines, and more....

Glamis400ex....

Yes, I camped and rode with some cool poeple I met online. They showed me around the WHOLE entire place. They told me ALL about what goes on during Thanksgiving...but just one thing baffled my mind: The fact that there is over 200,000 poeple there!!!!!!!!! I just cant imagine that many poeple, HECK thats like 8 times the size of my town! Maybe there will be a good amount of poeple when I come down there during Christmas and New Years...Maybe ill see some of you guys down ther...

200,000 is a litte over exaggerated. 40,000 is probably a little close to truth.

Xmas/New Years is very popular, you'll have alot of fun, just watch out for everyone else. Lots of people out there really have no sense about them and could care less about you. Be alert at all times.

Glamis
    NEW RIDE.....
    Houser Framed '02 CRF450 Hybrid. Powdercoated gold, chrome Houser sub-frame, Houser +4 no-link swingarm, +2 houser a arms, Houser stem, Tag T2 bars, +4 Dominator2 axle, Elka rear shock, Fox Float front shocks, Hardkore hubs, Dream waterpump cover, Dream clutch cover, Fullbore plastic, AC Pro-pegs,braided brake lines, and more....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast