Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 450r vs banshee

450r vs banshee

ok people stock vs stock who do you think would win in a flat out drag the new 450r or the newest banshee?cuz when i get the money im thinkin about gettin the 450r unless theres something better and about as quick as the banshee..

stock for stock the banshee will lose by a couple quad lengths, top end speeds will be close but the 450r will get it getting there
    03 LE Banshee

stock!

Stock i know for sure a honda 450r would when, i saw about 10 drags at saint joe with stock and modded and the 450r always whens.
    you takin a 450r verses a out dated 2-stroke with no low end verses a 450 with 50hp.
    the engine in the banshee is from an old street bike that they stoped making.(which was low on power and slow.
    i raced a chick on my ltr 450 with a cherry bomb and here quad could not keep up with my fuel injected 450.
    banshees where fast when the only other quad was a 300ex in 1987 it is about time they stop making this dinasour!

Banshees suck stock... it will lose. Modified, they have more "Power potential" than almost any other quad. After some work... port work especially, it will haul. Otherwise, I would stick to the four strokes.

Re: stock!

Originally posted by hard one
    Stock i know for sure a honda 450r would when, i saw about 10 drags at saint joe with stock and modded and the 450r always whens.
    you takin a 450r verses a out dated 2-stroke with no low end verses a 450 with 50hp.
    the engine in the banshee is from an old street bike that they stoped making.(which was low on power and slow.
    i raced a chick on my ltr 450 with a cherry bomb and here quad could not keep up with my fuel injected 450.
    banshees where fast when the only other quad was a 300ex in 1987 it is about time they stop making this dinasour!

I wouldnt call the banshee slow and you dont know what your talking about in 87 with the 300ex, I recall a honda 250r, suzuki 250 and 500 quadracers, and a kawasaki tecate 250 which are all fast machines. name me 450 out there with 50hp stock cuz they arent one, the last 450r i raced was an 05 with a k&n, jet kit, and a hmf exhaust, I could pull repeatedly on a roll because he had his gf on the back with him. Mod for mod, i dont see a banshee going down like that unless that person cant ride worth a f***. But bansheerider its your decision on what you want, try to ride both of them before you buy one. That will help you with your decision.
    03 LE Banshee

Well stock for stock i think the 450r will win because of it's sure fire throttle response off the line, and because it has more low end than the Banshee. But like CHEVYZ said, modded Banshees have the most "power potential" of quads.

But I will add this, last weekend I raced a 2004 420cc Banshee in about a 200 yd drag and I murdered him. He kept asking what I had done to my quad and I told him. (Mods are in my signature below)! I must say I was suprised with the outcome of the race because after all the talk about how fast Banshees were I was expecting to get killed by a 420cc Banshee. Mind you we were racing on dirt and all he kept doing was spinning, by that time my 450r had hooked up and was gone! So I guess it can be said that the 450R is holding it's own.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    1986 Honda 350R
    RPM racing frame w/removeable subframe, ESR 350 Powervalve, ESR TRX 5 pipe, Keihin 39 PWK, Oversize radiator, cool head, Magura hydrolic clutch, Super coil, Works suspension w/rezzies, +2 +3 a-arms, 6" over axle, Full bore plastic, Custom wheels, ITP Holeshot MXR4(Rear), ITP Holeshot MXR6 (Front), Aluminum Airbox w/K&N/outerware, Billet kicker/shifter/oil cap/brake res/gas cap/brake light etc, braided brake lines, tether kill switch, DG bumper, Six pack rack/cooler, Propeg nerfs, Carbon fiber tank cover, seat cover, laser lights, Lighted whip and more.

i was kinda thinkin the same way about the 450 beatin the bansh yea hard one you might wanna rethink what you said also about the 450 killing it cuz my friend has a 1994 banshee and he raced a kid with a 2004 660 raptor on a rolling start and they were neck n neck until my friend hit bumps in the road which made him all swirley so he had to stop..and the kids banshee had new tires pipes and new air fliter and just about everything....but i already havea banshee but i was thinkin about maybe selling it to help out with the money situation for the 450 but i just wanted to get some advice before i tried it

the hole shot is all about a short drag, just u like got the shee 4leaf, but if its a 420cc built one, he could of got you on pavement. I can run .9 tenths quicker in my car at the drag strip in my car with slicks compared to street tires. so hooking up in a race helps determine who would win the race
    03 LE Banshee

Originally posted by mickey400ex
    the hole shot is all about a short drag, just u like got the shee 4leaf, but if its a 420cc built one, he could of got you on pavement. I can run .9 tenths quicker in my car at the drag strip in my car with slicks compared to street tires. so hooking up in a race helps determine who would win the race
    Yeah I kinda figured that much out about the whole hooking up thing. But hey it felt good to kill him in the dirt drags. I did tell him that if we were on pavement he would probably get me on the top end. The guy that built my 450 engine did the build on his 420cc Banshee and it's a mean motor, and the Banshee looks damn good (almost new looking)! However that day was just my day because I was killing everything that rolled up to the line.
    A built CR250, 125's, Z400's, and a 660 Raptor. I was suprised about beating the built CR250 because I knew they were fast but I got him too. So for a built stock bore 450r I'm very happy with my out comes of the first races I've done after getting it out of the shop. I'm done with motor mods for now, next is suspension mods, longer swingarm!
    1986 Honda 350R
    RPM racing frame w/removeable subframe, ESR 350 Powervalve, ESR TRX 5 pipe, Keihin 39 PWK, Oversize radiator, cool head, Magura hydrolic clutch, Super coil, Works suspension w/rezzies, +2 +3 a-arms, 6" over axle, Full bore plastic, Custom wheels, ITP Holeshot MXR4(Rear), ITP Holeshot MXR6 (Front), Aluminum Airbox w/K&N/outerware, Billet kicker/shifter/oil cap/brake res/gas cap/brake light etc, braided brake lines, tether kill switch, DG bumper, Six pack rack/cooler, Propeg nerfs, Carbon fiber tank cover, seat cover, laser lights, Lighted whip and more.

I would still put money on the Banshee. I rode a modded 450r and it was nothing compared to my Shee, and all i have (had) done to my motor is a motofast pipe, FMF ignition, and a boost bottle.
    2002 Banshee
    Elka dual rate w/ piggybacks, Full Flight A-Arms, ITP Baja rims, Toomey T-6 pipes/silencers, Cool Head w/ 21cc domes, Reed spacers, K&N clamp on's with Outerwears, FMF ignition, Skin Industries graphics on all black plastics, G-Force axle, Tag bumper, Powdercoated frame (Black), A-Arms (Blue), swing arm (Blue), and clutch cover (Blue)

Looking for a project Banshee!!!

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast