Thread: Skid Plate

Skid Plate

I own a 2006 yfz. Im looking for a swing arm skid plate that doesnt hang down so low and catch all the ruts. Which skid should i invest in?

PRM
    C&D Racing, the official sponsor of ATVriders.com and your #1 aftermarket and OEM parts shop! 402-614-2508

1st place +30 2010 IATVHSS
    #28 IATVHSS 09 Polaris 525S and 525IRS
    1st Place Industry Class 2008 Heartland Challenge
    1st Place Industry Class 2007 Maxxis 12 hrs
    www.cdracingonline.com
    check out the products we carry http://www.cdracingonline.com/sell.html

Badger S/S skid is the closest fitting skid I have ever seen. And the toughest by far.

from a dirtwheels interview last year on jenks FST quad i believe they said that the badger had to be taken off cause it hung down to low idk if they have changed anything just what i read.... but PRM is the way to go in my book or DG
    Broc Bromley
    Bromley Racing
    2013 WORCS Pro-Am Class
    Thanks to my 2013 Sposnors: The Dirt Shack, Hot Cams, Hot Rods, Cylinder Works, Crank Works, Pivot Works, Virtex Pistons Scott, Yoshimura, Race Tech, Factory Effex, Novik Gloves, & Justin Brinkman Financial.

Contact GT Thunder. They have a sprocket guard and you can get a rotor guard from LSR. I have been running this set up on my YFZ and love it. Alot more ground clearance. This is the same set up that Ballance runs.
    YFZ 450
    Kasea Skyhawk 50

Thanks to my 2008 Sponsors

SPIDER GRIPS, Six Six One, Four ATV Gear, Dubach Racing, Hiper-Technology, IMS Products, CYCRA Racing, ASV

Thumbs up

Originally posted by dopeyferree
    Contact GT Thunder. They have a sprocket guard and you can get a rotor guard from LSR. I have been running this set up on my YFZ and love it. Alot more ground clearance. This is the same set up that Ballance runs.
    got it on the 700 raptor love it! thanks laz
    Kim Muzzarelli #102

I am running a PRM and I like it. I dont have any trouble highcentering or anything. Really strong also. Never had any trouble with it.
    Elka/Houser YFZ450 #259
    Thanks to my 05 sponsors-
    -Answer racing/protaper- Scott USA-Yoshimura-Jettrim-Noah Quality Builders-Decatur Tire-BH planning-Yamaha/Suzuki of Texas and West

GT Thunder setup
    Attached Images Attached Images
    #72 KCCR

i had BMS machine shop in Gilman City missouri make me a skid plate and that thing is bullet proof.

Re: Skid Plate

Originally posted by atvccs450
    I own a 2006 yfz. Im looking for a swing arm skid plate that doesnt hang down so low and catch all the ruts. Which skid should i invest in?
    gthunder disk are the best!

you'll have to call and ask about the rotor side. i'm not sure what they sell for it, i have a plastic skid cut just to cover the rotor
    Planning a comeback...