Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, does it use the 'Zuke motor?

So, does it use the 'Zuke motor?

Does it use the Suzuki motor, a la Z/KFX400?
    Jeff

2008 Yamaha Raptor 700

2003 Honda CBR954RR

pretty sure it doesnt. kawasaki and suzuki dont share certain bikes/quads any more like the z/kfx. they have different dirtbke motors so im guessing it doesnt use the same quad motor. if it was the same motor, it would most likely be the same chassis as well and that isnt the case either.
    JAMES

2004 Black SE YFZ450 Fasst Flexx Bars | Namura High comp. piston | DID heavy duty cam chain | GYTR Kicker| SS brake lines| GYTR pipe & filter | DG fat nerfs | Full skid plates | AC Grab bar | 4 razr 2s on ITP rims| Gibson steering stabilizer | DOXO graphics | Pro Armor bumper | powermadds

2004 Yellow LTZ400 - White bros slip on | uni filter w/ outerwears & no lid | Fly ATV bars | denton steering stabilizer | Klaw Fronts & Knarly Rears | Works Shocks

1972 Kawasaki 100
    1993 Chevy S10 Pickup
    AIM Walls450

There isn't a Suzuki/Kawaski alliance anymore so the KFX450 won't share any parts with the LTR450.

Right.
    2000 Honda 400ex, Pro Circuit pipe, ITP wheels with Holeshots, K&N filter with Outerwears cover, Skin Industries graphics and seat cover, Renthal bars. 2005 Dinli Diamondback 90 (kids quad).

Yep... pretty much what everyone else is saying.

What brought about the "Break-up," though? I heard that it was because the companies began arguing over sharing bikes. Kawasaki didn't want Suzuki to have a KFZ 700 similar quad, and Suzuki protested by trying to deny them any more rights to the LTZ 400 (Which there were supposedly still more years of by contract) and eventually the companies split. Can anyone confirm any of this, or is it just regular bull?

Re: So, does it use the 'Zuke motor?

Originally posted by Iliketogofast
    Does it use the Suzuki motor, a la Z/KFX400?
    Ok man, kawasaki has a kxf450, why would they use an engine from a suzuki?

Jeeze people are slow, just because they hared a few motors in youth quads, and the old rmz250 has a kxf250 motor, doesnt mean they share everything.

Read the specs, look at the engine, search BEFORE you make a post like this

Re: Re: So, does it use the 'Zuke motor?

Originally posted by kraz

Jeeze people are slow, just because they hared a few motors in youth quads, and the old rmz250 has a kxf250 motor, doesnt mean they share everything.

well i bet a lot of people dont know that suzuki and kawaski even split up. not every body knows EVERYTHING. ease up on the guy, he just asked a question. im sure youve asked a question before that alot of people knew the answer to, but you didnt.
    JAMES

2004 Black SE YFZ450 Fasst Flexx Bars | Namura High comp. piston | DID heavy duty cam chain | GYTR Kicker| SS brake lines| GYTR pipe & filter | DG fat nerfs | Full skid plates | AC Grab bar | 4 razr 2s on ITP rims| Gibson steering stabilizer | DOXO graphics | Pro Armor bumper | powermadds

2004 Yellow LTZ400 - White bros slip on | uni filter w/ outerwears & no lid | Fly ATV bars | denton steering stabilizer | Klaw Fronts & Knarly Rears | Works Shocks

1972 Kawasaki 100
    1993 Chevy S10 Pickup
    AIM Walls450

Re: Re: So, does it use the 'Zuke motor?

Originally posted by kraz

Thanks for the clarification asswipe, but if I wanted a wiseass comment I would have said so in the thread title, eh?

I haven't seen any of the pictures besides the front end pic, and since I don't have x-ray vision like you obviously do (because you're perfect) I can't see through that to the engine.

Now back to this Zuki-Kawi split. It seems kind of stupid to me that they would argue over something so trivial - Kawi is definately making a lot more money from the Z400 than Zuki would be making from the KFX700!
    Jeff

2008 Yamaha Raptor 700

2003 Honda CBR954RR

Why didn't you notice this picture, it was posted with the front shot..
    Attached Images Attached Images

the kfx450 motor is to tall to be the ltr motor just pointing this out.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast