Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does it seem Polaris Gets such a bad rep?

They are slow

They get a bad rap cause they are heavy turds and they are slow. You have to rev the hell out of them before they have any power.
    06 700r
    Alba Stainless Pipe
    Power Programer
    Velocity Intake
    +2 Alba Elite A-Arms
    Elka Tripple Rate
    Shamrock Billet Bead Locks
    Tag Fat Bars
    AC Pro Peg Nerfs
    PRM full skid's
    Denton Steering Stabilizer
    Dyno 52 wrhp
    Soon to have 15 HP NOS

Originally posted by DOHC
    LMAO This guy isnt bull ****ing us, these are all my polaris toys
    1. 2000 polaris scrambler 500
    2.2004 polaris scrambler 500
    3.1994 polaris sl 850 mod jet ski
    4. 1997 polaris sl 1050 jet ski
    5.2002 polaris xc sp 500 sled
    6. 1998 polaris xlt 600 sled
    7.1996 polaris xcr 600 sled
    8. 1995 polaris xcr 440/1200 mod drag sled
    9 2000 polaris xcr 800 sled
    10.1996 polaris sl 650 jet ski
    and its funny cause only 1 has had a major problem and that was a blown motor 1996 xcr 600, and now she runs great, and all my others run great so ur a phoney
    Again, I simply answerwd his question. I gave why I do not like polaris from my own experinces, as have others. It is not polaris proponents that perpetuate the bad rep of polaris, it is those, like myself that do not like them. I am only going from my personal experience. If you have had good experinces with Polaris. Good for you. I have seen nothing but troubles with them. When the polaris owners i know buy another quad, it has always been another make.

NO need to call me a phoney or a liar, that is just rude and ignorant. This is not a debate of why or why not polaris are junk or not. It is an answer the the question of why the persons who do not like polaris simply do not like polaris.

DOHC, if all of those are yours, that you bought yourself, you are one very wealthy 15 year old.

I also worked at a local dealership for a brief period of time as a sales person. I didn't like anything about the job, so i quit pretty quickly. Anyway, during my training period, the sale person training me told me that "when I sell a honda, I expects to see it back only if the peson does not want to do the routine maintenance like new brakes, etc. I cannot say that for any other brands. ANd as far as polaris goes, I can almost expect everyone of those back for some kind of repair." amybe it si something with the ones the send hre to northwest PA. I am not sure. I don't really care.

I will never own a polaris for the reasons i and everyone else has stated until I have different first hand experinces with them.

everyone has their own opinion. every body just chill, i mean there is really no sense in getting all worked up on the internet here

if someone likes something thats cool, and if they dont like something thats fine too. just do what ever works.

and if you ask for an opinion, be prepared to hear what someone has to say. it might be positive, it might not. opinions are like *******s, everyone has one just roll with it. My 2Cents for what its worth.
    ~2008 YFZ~
    Pro Armor, Houser, Maxxis, Streamline

#621 WNYOA Harescramble Series
    www.wnyoa.net

Sponsors: Steel MX, Weapon MX, WolffRacing

www.steelmx.com
    www.weaponmx.com

[i]
    And how many of them stock polaris quads have wins?

[/B]
    Last year Maxxis 12 Hours of ATV America stock Predator won over stock Honda and Yamaha

This year the Outlaw in CNCC and WORCS stock class

Answer me this also: Who won sport quad of the year couple years running? but hey what ever keep riding and shut up. I like my pred. and thats that. All i'll say is i'll race anyone who is dogging polaris drag, mx, flat, ice, hell even dunes. Find sometime better to do then to talk to us Speedy! cause obiously you have no life,nor anything better to do then to talk **** to a bunch of people who just wanna ride.
    2004 Troy Lee Preddyrocket
    *Pro Aluminum nerf bars
    *Blingstar Cross bumper
    *Motoin Pro twist throttle
    *Maxxis I-razr's
    *Honda Civic Intake
    *Lonestar Steering Stem
    *Lonestar +2 A-arms
    *Dura-blue axle
    *Big Gun Evo pipe and rev box
    *side winder sprokets and chain

LISTEN TO ME...I AM SAYING WHY I DO NOT LIKE AND WILL NEVER LIKE POLARIS. I AM NOT DEBATING WHY SOME THINK THEY ARE GOOD, I AM SAYING WHY SOME THINK THEY ARE BAD. READ A LITTLE AND LISTEN TO WHAT I AM SAYING.

MERVIN, GROW A BRAIN. learn to understand simple concepts.

why are you getting mad... here is what it boils down to. he asked "why does polaris have a bad rep?" I being a person who does not like polaris for my own reasons gave him an answer. I answered his question. It is you that is argueing. What do you not understand. He asked a question and I honestly answered it.

If you have a better answer as to why people such as myself do not like polaris then answer. Please tell me why I do not like polaris.

As far as me having a life, I have a full time job, but only work 3 days a week. I have 4yr old daughter that i have spent everyday that i have had off with her since she was born. I have become accostomed to spending a lot of time with her. L0ately, my mother has been taking her for a few hours every day because she loves having her. I am not going to deny my mother that, even though i miss my daughter when she is gone.

so back to the subject of hand. Again, i am not debating what you may have experienced with polaris, i simply stated an answer to his question of "why polaris has a bad rep?" can you deny that the reason that polaris has a bad reputation is a lot of people, whether justified or not, have the same feelings as me.

Congradulations. Save that 2 minutes of making your self sound like an idiot and spend it with your daughter.
    2004 Troy Lee Preddyrocket
    *Pro Aluminum nerf bars
    *Blingstar Cross bumper
    *Motoin Pro twist throttle
    *Maxxis I-razr's
    *Honda Civic Intake
    *Lonestar Steering Stem
    *Lonestar +2 A-arms
    *Dura-blue axle
    *Big Gun Evo pipe and rev box
    *side winder sprokets and chain

you are the one that souynds like an idiot because you are unable to see what i am trying to say. I simply relayed my honest experiences with polaris and why i do not like them. that si a truthful and honest answer to his question. once you realize that, then all will be good with the world.

Why is it not sinking in that you will not convice me to ever own a polaris and that I was not trying to talk anyone out of buying one. I was only trying to give the best answer toa question that was asked by a happy polaris owner. whether he ends up like you and has no problems or ends up with a lot of problems and leans towards my side of the fence, the outcome will not matter to me as i have no vested interest in the subject. My only goal is to have you realize that you are argueing about tsomething different than I am.

and since i have one of 7 weeks this year off coming up, with the wife working and my parents taking the daughter to a kiddy amusment park for 3 days, i'll have a little bit of free time to keep reating the same thing until you start to realize that you have not been keeping up with what i was saying

Wow... some of you are very childish. There are alot of people like this on here I find... and it gets old. Whenever somone expresses their opinion about something, someone with a different view on the subject always has to get worked up and make it into a back and forth argument. Why argue with what someone else has experienced? Speedy simply answered the asked question with his own experiences related to the subject, and yet he has to catch **** about it. How lame for some of you.

One thing that I find determines peoples outlook on a quad is the people that ride them. I don't know if there are alot of guys that react to things like some of you, but if I were to be talking to you and you came at me like that, I would hate your quad too (Just for the simple fact that I would want to compete against it to shut you up). JMO.

thanks chevyz. maybe that will get to him. he just don't seem to get that i am not argueing about the quality of polaris.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast