Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 GNCC Series Round #8 -The Spartan - Sparta, KY - Race Coverage

The Can-am race team were all lined up beside one another on the starting line with Mike Penland and Michael Swift in the Utility Stock Class followed by Cliffton Beasley and Scott Kilby in the Utility Modified Class.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Please Support Our Site Sponsors!
    Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

Reigning Utility Unlimited Champion, Kevin Johnston, was looking for a repeat win this weekend on his Kawasaki Vforce, and he was joined on the starting line by his wife JeAnn
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

Jean Lovely literally carried her baby during some of the 2005 GNCC Season, but she hasn't been at the races in 2006 until this wekend when he showed up with her little boy

Denise Oplinger made the trip from PA to race this weekend at "The Spartan" against of the fastest ATV women racer's in the World.

Sligo Press, Scott Norton, it not only a racer, but he also is responsible for the awesome huge autograph posters that both Andy Lagzdins and Bryan Baker are giving out in the Pro Pits.

Scott has a real passion for ATV racing, and you find a nicer guy to be involved in our sport, so if you ever looking to some poster done up or any other type of printing needs, he is the man because he offers great discounts to fellow ATV racers, which is awesome.

For your Printing needs, contact Scott at 877 439-3626

Shawn Collins is one of the few Stock Class racers from the past still racing in the Morning, and he is currently running in second place in points in the Novice C Stock Class behind Evan Williams

Now for the racing Action, Stephanie Parton grabbed the Holeshot aboard her Polaris Outlaw closely followed by Jennifer Fulkerson and Traci Cecco. An Quincy Heller was also off to a great start before spinning out in the second turn.

By the end of the first lap, Traci Cecco had not only taken over the lead, but she had pulled over a minute lead over Angel Atwell now in second followed closely by Stephanie Parton.

The Super Senior & Sportsman Class started on the second Row, and it was Jeff Stoess launching off the line with the Holeshot followed by myself (Harlen Foley) right behind him heading through turn one. Jeff and I both commented on how quickly the Polaris machines fired up at the start.

George Richards would take the early lead over the rest of the Super Senior Class, but it wouldn’t take long for John Gallagher to work his Outlaw to the front with Ken Vickerd moving into second place.

Jeff Stoess quickly pulled away from John Rowling and I as we both ran into problems in the first lap. John Rowling normally races in the Afternoon, but since he is needed in the pits for Chris Borich in the afternoon, he decided to join Jeff and I in the Sportsman Class. John moved into second place before picking a bad line, which was too narrow for him to get through. He was forced to push his Honda backwards up a hill and around the trees, which surely had him wishing the Honda had reverse. I passed John and took over second place, but was over a minute behind Jeff in the lead.

I had my share of badluck in the first lap as well when my front tire popped off the bead, which made it difficult to steer as the front end wanted to drift to the right. As I was fighting with the front end, the seat came lose, which forced me to stop and re-secure it, but it remained on for the rest of the race without a problem, but I wasn’t riding very aggressively with the Predator wanting to pull to the right, which netted me a few collision with trees and eventually bending the front tie-rod, which only amplified the tendency to pull to the right.

Hoyt Penland would grab the Holeshot in the Utility Unlimited Class with Kevin Johnston and Robert Obrick rounding the turn right behind him.

By the end of the lap, Doug Henke would charge his way into the lead, but he would run into problems in the second lap, which allowed Hoyt to reclaim the lead.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast