Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: banshee project

banshee project

i am running the same drill as 97blaster200. and his isnt a POS, i dont think mine is either...stock, and dirty but its getting there! i have recently bought a 2000 Banshee and am about to mod the ***** out of it! or trade it plus a few $$$ for a fully MX quad... but here it goes!

so far i have ordered -+1" burgard antivibe stem
    -Tag T2's
    -LSR p-b blockoff
    -PEP clutch lever and perch
    -Toomey TR-6 pipes
    -Vforce3 reeds
    -Pro design Kill switch
    -WB boost bottle
    -Toomey airbox eliminator 2into1 filter
    -DID 520 red chizane
    -ITP c-seires rear rims w/R/A shredders
    -EBC pads
    -Yamaha graphic kit w/gripper seat cover
    -450r throttle
    -AC dirtscreen bumper
    -AC pro peg nerfs w/heelguards
    -AC grab bar
    -Dual 25 fin inline coolers

but more to come! what next? i was thinking trinity 2into1 34mm carb kit.

if anyone has some nice shee stuff for sale, PM me, im up for most anything!
    Walsh ltr

hey man! yeah man yours isnt a POS. neither is mine. they are just dirty...thats what happens when you k now how to ride

good luck with the overhaul man!

aim=trikerider17
    email=brick4life17@hotmail.com

---1997 Yamaha Banshee---
    ---2001 Yamaha Raptor---
    ---1987 Honda 250r---

thanks, same to you!
    Walsh ltr

CANCEL THE ORDER ON THE BOOST BOTTLE, as many of us will tell you, it does nothing at all but shakes around above the engine. its just a waist of money.
    What next? Shocks and a-arms, unless your building a drag bike.

yea, i cant cancel the order, i ordered it through ebay...i've heard good things about them.. i dk

i am hoping to turn this into an MXer
    Walsh ltr

If you are making it an mx quad you need to get a +2 steering stem and move the footpegs back for a way more comfortable riding position/ more stable for jumping. You might want to replace the stock swingarm aswell they break easily and usually in the worst possible places like on a heavy landing. For suspension TCS shocks work well without costing to much. Small things like running better spark plugs make a huge difference on the responsiveness at the very low revs.You should get some in-line coolers for the radiator lines aswell, when you start to rev the engine hard they get really really hot. Kehin PWK carb's are the way to go they help heaps and if you find the thumb throttle to hard try and get your hands on an old housing from a tri-Z, they have way softer springs in them and look better.

If you got any other questions just ask.

I no all this cus my Dads banshee is absoloutly kick arse and this is some of the stuff he has done.

thanks..

so far i have
    -+1" burgard antivibe stem
    -Tag T2's
    -LSR p-b blockoff
    -PEP clutch lever and perch
    -Toomey TR-6 pipes
    -Vforce3 reeds
    -Pro design Kill switch
    -WB boost bottle
    -Toomey airbox eliminator 2into1 filter
    -DID 520 red chizane
    -ITP c-seires rear rims w/R/A shredders
    -EBC pads
    -Yamaha graphic kit
    -450r throttle
    -AC dirtscreen bumper
    Walsh ltr

Sounds sweet. Ifg you want huge power gains you can put a 400 stroker kit on it, that'll give you massive bottom end but if your running top end pipes some small redd spacers are a good idea. Also You really need to get some strong footpeg bolts, the strongest possible because as soon as you start jumping they break easily, and im only average weight rider. A billet kickstarter is a good thing to buy early because the kickstarters rattle alot when they wear out a bit. Any more questions just ask or drop me an email at mic_902@hotmail.com

DEFF dont get a boost bottle, I hate mine... All it does is shake around and rip my intakes
    I've had banshees, 250rs.. miss them all!

1986 ATC200X

all the boost bottle does is when the piston isgoing down the fuel will try to go back to the carburators and it will suck up that fuel into the boost bottle and mix it with air and then when the motor needs more fuel it will suck the mixed fuel out of the boost bottleand thern burn it and some fuel from the carb and then more fuel gets put into the boost bottle so that is all that it does
    93 kawasaki bayou 300
    02 banshee
    07 king qaud 700

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast