Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did monica do????

How did monica do????

Hey does anyone know how monica did????

broc
    Broc Bromley
    Bromley Racing
    2013 WORCS Pro-Am Class
    Thanks to my 2013 Sposnors: The Dirt Shack, Hot Cams, Hot Rods, Cylinder Works, Crank Works, Pivot Works, Virtex Pistons Scott, Yoshimura, Race Tech, Factory Effex, Novik Gloves, & Justin Brinkman Financial.

I belive she smoked her clutch.

Beware long story!

Well what an experience! LOL First off I made a mistake off the start. The flagger turned the flag and off I went about 20 feet befor I realized I jumped the gun, JoshWerd pulled me backwards and then he dropped the flag and I was still going backwards, got to going forward again, still wasn't last into the woods after all that. Through a small section of trees straight into a hard rock shelf creek I saw Tay facing back down the creek as I came back out of it. I made the pass.WOO HOO. Things going OK then I stalled it in the middle of a hill had to coast back down backwards because my clutch lever backed off and I couldn't get it to pull far enough to start. Tay makes the pass. I get to moving again catch up to her again. We start down a downhill I hit the brakes they catch for a second and then just release straight off the trail smack a tree with the quad over the bars and smack the same tree with my right shoulder on the way to land in a sitting position on my rear. Took about 10 minutes to get off the tree. Took off again after I decided to keep going with only front brakes. Made it a little farther this time. Again the middle of a hill clutch backs off this time I don't kill it but dig the back end into the dirt and get high centered here comes the pros. Flying by on both sides of me. Finally a clearing I can't get it to even go backwards so I grab a bunch of sticks and leaves and stick under the back tires finally enough traction to get going again once I jump up and down on the footpegs screaming bad things. Now the rest of the fast guys are coming through and I'm only like 2 miles in. So about every 20 or 30 yards I'm having to pull off the side of the trail to let them buy . I pulled myself off at least 10 5 inch trees trying to stay out of the way. Most of the time these were on downhill sections where I couldn't hardly pull the quad up off them so I would have to grab the grab bar and push the back end around facing downhill then I push it back sideways and back on the trail. I only had help twice so thanks to those guys. Fianlly made it to the check point things going good made it down the next creek fine then the clutch came apart again. Sat there and messed with it about 10 minutes got going again. Saw Johnny stopped to tell him all my problems he told me to stop talking and go so I did and went about a halfmile and it just stopped. I was less than a mile from the finish. Picked it up off the trail and took off my helmet. Lit up a cigarette and chained smoked until the race was over and they pulled my out. Taylor was close to lapping me at the point I broke down completely. She got 9th out of 19 people really good for a 12 year old on a borrowed stock 250ex. Well I've vowed to try this one more time before the year is out. I have to get a lap in at least before I retire.

Re: How did monica do????

Originally posted by IOWAracer
    Hey does anyone know how monica did????

broc
    I think Monica did a great job It's all the bikes fault for not holding up
    Devon Jarrett

OXC Pro #16

~2008 sponsors~
    Dirtfiend Racing, DirtWorks Motorsports, Shrum Racing, Cardio Stack.

Myspace.com/backnblack450r

AIM:Backnblack450r

She`s willing to do it again . I`ll have to find her a better quad to race thougth We had a blast an great to see everyone

HA SHE"S HOOKED!!! way to go monica you did awesome!!!

Hey i have a totaly rebuilt 416 she can buy~ you should see the sweet powdercoat job on it
    Kim Muzzarelli #102

Thats awesome Monica, you couldnt have picked a harder course for a beginning race. You did great considering all the problems and the terrainbut you sure did look good out there.
    Not to many women would try what you did and for that " Hats Off Girl" You did fine.
    Scott
    Great story also.
    No more ATV politics just another racer again.

All im going to say is Johny your lucky I was having a good race or I would have stopped and had A lot of fun with mon while she was broke down !!!
    HMF, Yamaha of Troy, Maxxis, 2F2C, Bad Monkey Racing, Midwest Moter Sports klotz. Shrum Racing. I like my women mute and my pipes loud!

Originally posted by shep
    All im going to say is Johny your lucky I was having a good race or I would have stopped and had A lot of fun with mon while she was broke down !!!

By that time as was as worn out as the quad I ws on, not sure how much fun it would have been.

I really did like the track. Next time I will maintenance my own quad. The thing had no bushings left in the front end, no back brake pads, the steering stem hits the gas tank when you try a tight turn, the list goes on. I'm a little stiff in the lower back but not bad I've been doing all my house work today while everyone else is laying around. I have a good size strawberry on my right shoulder from where I smacked the tree when I went over the bars, my legs are a little banged up especially the knees from the death grip they had on the quad, and one blister on my left thumb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast