Thread: Kawasaki Announces KFX450 Sport ATV

Fall 06
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Roseburg Oregon, Stationed in North Dakota
    Last month my dealer told me, pictures and info in June and he hoped to have the first ones by Dec. If all goes well I will be getting one in Feb.

Jay
    USAF AMMO WE LIVE SO OTHERS MAY DIE

If this is not as wide as the suzuki and has reverse I may be getting rid of the YFZ. I really miss not having reverse. This could be the perfect XC machine.
    YFZ 450
    Kasea Skyhawk 50

Thanks to my 2008 Sponsors

SPIDER GRIPS, Six Six One, Four ATV Gear, Dubach Racing, Hiper-Technology, IMS Products, CYCRA Racing, ASV

My speculation (pure speculation), it that they are going to be targeting the larger XC racers for this one. 6ft / 200lb guys.

I'm thinking, something along the size of a Raptor 700 with the suspension and motor of the 450's. Lower center of gravity than the Raptor, but a slightly taller seat and bars than the other 450's.

Mate the Raptor700 with the 450's, and enlarge/stretch out the plastics from the kawi 90cc.

Smaller than the predator, but larger than the 450r ergonomicaly. (46-47" wheelbase). The aluminum chassis will allow a slightly larger frame, but allow the quad to be at a competitive weight and center of gravity.

In regards to the all new engine, it appears they aren't lying.

The top half of the motor looks the same externally, but the crankcase/tranny is completely different, quite a bit more stout w/ extra room for reverse and stronger gears.

http://www.kawasaki.com/kawasaki_mai.../2774_1024.jpg

Compare to the pic on the first page.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

I am new on this site.
    I do hope it is a little bigger than the other 450s. This may just have to be my next purchase. Seems that everytime I buy something right away someone comes out with something better, man I hate that. But I do love my Kawasakis
    04 KFX700 not nearly the fastest.
    I diagnosed myself with SIDS - Stupid Impulsive Disorder Syndrome.

Does anyone else notice that the rear shock seems to be damn near Vertical?
    2004 450R (Play/XC Bike)
    2005 450R (JB/Rossier/Elka TT Bike)

Jenson Roberts #331 - We Miss You REST IN PEACE

Roseburg Oregon, Stationed in North Dakota
    Actually I did, I am thinking that is just the pic I hope.

Jay
    USAF AMMO WE LIVE SO OTHERS MAY DIE

kfx450

one thing is for sure the intro of this machine is very good for all of us.This will give everyone the choice to pick what suits us best,you have to laugh though when you think about how it all went down,Kawasaki and Suzuki split their alliance to produce the 400,then everyone knows that Suzuki is working on something hot and new ,it's so top secret and new that their own racers don't get it before the race season begins,low and behold it hits the race seen and journalts are wetting there pants all over the the thing,then you have the little Japanese guys laughing there assess off and rubbing there hands together learning from everyones mistakes fixing them and hopefully making it happen,time will tell

Whats neat is not seeing the black box and fuel pump hangin out in the wide open.

The reverse would be sweat and welcomed a lot. Just last week I got my 250R stuck into a tree in the IATVHSS series and ooooohhhhh buddy would have it been nice to just turn a know and power right out. Instead it was muddy clay ight were I was and told a lot of energy to get the thing back out.

Reverse...reverse...reverse.....if you can do it and have gearing right why not

I was just looking at buying a 450R but not now. I'm raiding my kids' piggy banks this fall and probably going to right a bunch of IOU's

So now starts the KFX450 savings account.
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

its pretty sweet that kawis stepping up i have my mind set on gettin a ltr but i would like to see the specs for this quad before i go make my final decision at the end of race season...one thing hats sick is the twinsparr frame i see that as a mx target thing
    Retired ATV MXer turned wheelchair racer T-53 classification. Canadas first paraplegic to race motocross
    Twitter: @BenBrown191
    Facebook Fan Page: Ben Brown
    Sponsors: Challenged Athletes Foundation, Frasers Pro Home Center, Fundy Xpress Transport, MacDondald Chisolm Trask Insurance, Kentville Mazda,Northridge Farms/Plant It Earth Natural Lawn Care, Somerset Market, SUpplement King New Minas, Valley and Mirror and Winning Edge Sports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast