Thread: 440ex good enough for jumping?

440ex good enough for jumping?

hello,
    I got a 440ex last summer, at first I just rode it on trails and such, but now I have started jumping it and I love it. So far it has a t-4pipe on it, aftermarket airfilter, nerfs, dirt digger clutch, and a few other things. My question is, it has quite a bit of punch right now when I pin the throttle, but I'd still like alittle more, is there anything else I can do to get that extra punch? Also what else would you guys recommend to get for this bike to be able to take big jumps nicely?( as in shocks and anything else you think would be needed)

aftermarket cdi box opened mine up a lot! you could get a fcr 39mm carb also! As for shocks, don't skimp shocks are the best mods you can make if you mx! elka, pep, axis, ect! Also don't **** around w/ the stock rear shock rebuilds they are ****ty as hell. Just go aftermarket and buy a whole new rear shock!
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

If you can find a good pair of used front shocks (exp works triple rates) have Derisi Racing rebuild them and have him do your stock rear. You won't be disapointed he does awesome work!
    V-Twin King Quad

Ok thanks for the info, any brand of aftermarket CDI that I should stay away from? Or are they all pretty good?

all do the same thing... people have their own personal likes and dislikes

def. get rid of those iron bar shocks if ur going to be doin a fair amout of jumping/freestyle and no mx you dont need that extra power invest in shocks you wont regret it
    04 450r
    JD+2 LT A-Arms
    TCS LT Suspension
    Stream Line Breaks
    G-Force +4
    Rossier Full System
    Tag T2's
    Bar Risers
    Spider Grips
    K&N Air Filter
    Stainless Steel Oil Filter
    Bare Performance Pre Filter
    Holeshots all around on 8's and 10's
    AC Nerfs

borg
    Quad Squad #141

Thanks to Steel MX Optics

A friend of mine ran stock shocks for a long time, he was clearing 120ft table top and everything, a couple weeks ago his frame broke in half, buy suspension first, a 440ex has enough power to clear almost everything.
    2004 LTZ400

2008 KFX450R
    Pro Circuit T4 Slip-On
    REM Nerf Bars and Heel Guards
    DG Bumper

ok, Does anyone have experience with the fox float shox? they seem like nice shocks for a fairly decent price, but was just wondering if anyone had first hand experience with them, and if they are worth the money or if I should just save that money for some elkas.

440ex good enough for jumping?

Id hope so. Or this guy would be in big trouble!
    Attached Images Attached Images