Thread: How to put on cam chain?

How to put on cam chain?

Dont know what happend to that other one...no words, anyways...

Im going to be putting a new piston and cam in and a heavy duty cam chain...my bud is going to be doing it and he said that he can do everything, except for he isnt forsure on how to get the cam chain on the bottom..any suggestions, tips, pics?? thanks alot...

and does anyone know where i can get a crf450 cam chain from for really cheap..dont have much to spend!! THANKS!
    2005 450r #406
    ---------------
    Gusset and PC'd Frame, C&D Racing Revalved Fronts, +2 ST Burgard A-arms, GT Thunder Rear Shock, GT Thunder Link, Full Rossier, UNI Filter, AC Nerfs, DG Bumper, DG Grab Bar, Denton Steering Stabilizer, Tag X5 Bars/Tag Grips, MSR AOF Clutch Perch & Lever, Pro Design Tether, Maier Hood, G-Force Axle, Pro Armor Skid, Douglas Beadlocks, Razrs

~FOR SALE~

-Pull the Clutch cover
    -Loosen the 4/5 outer clutch plate bolts
    -remove the inner clutch nut (Check to make sure its not SET onto the rod, if it is just bend it with a screwdriver. An impact wrench is almost needed here
    -Remove the oil pump

this will give you access to the counter balance shaft and the cam chain. use a coat hanger or piece of wire to pull the cam chain up to the head. PM me if you got any more questions. I just did this to mine
    07 700 Raptor SE
    Alba Racing Power Kit
    15t sprocket

02 400ex - Turtle Racing 440 Stroker Engine (416 Bore, +4mm Stroke), JE 14.5:1 piston, Sparks Racing FCR 39mm carb, Hinson 8 plate clutch, Full Port and Polish, Curtis Sparks x4 cam, Curtis Sparks X-6 exhaust, UM aluminum airbox, ASR +2+1 A-arms, +4 Lonsetar Axle, Houser +1 antivibe, Works Triple rates with Remote Rezzies, Custom blue powdercoat, Maier Gray Plastics, theres nothing like the smell burning 110 octane...PARTING OUT! ASK ME FOR PARTS

Ask me about THE QUAD SHOP