Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Smiley Is gone

Polaris should have made a quad that weighs 65lbs less than the predator

infantry317 I agree with you on the weight. With KTM’s help I hope they can make a lighter engine which should drop the Predator into the 380 lbs range. They still need to work on quality but they are getting better and I wish they would scandalized there nut and bolts too only metric.

Originally posted by jb500ex
    natalie rides a honda so using someone elses honda is not that big of a difference. yokley raced a stock quad at florida because that was a good track for it, he did not race a stock quad at any other round. And the polaris is holding him back, tell me again how many pro's are racing a polaris. Didn't kim kuhnle switch to a yamaha also from polaris this year, im not sure why but he did.
    There are not many pros on a Pred because no one gives them a chance. Look at the aftermarket stuff, tons and tons of stuff for the 450's, but can't find squat for the Pred. How much money do you think are on the front end of Ballence, Borich, and other Pros? ASR/FX a-arms, Houser, and so on. There fully adjustable, but what does the Pred get, nothing, as most are still riding stock a-arms. It's the same with swing arms and tie rods and ends. NOBODY makes them for the Pred. So how do you expect a near stock quad going up against $20000 quads? Well Smiley did just that last year. But I would get sick of seeing everyone else get all the goodies and I sit back dealing with stock stuff. So many people including many on this site have got Polaris so stereotype that there junk, that most believe it.

jb500ex is offline www.cardiostackracing.com
    Originally posted by GE4x4
    There are not many pros on a Pred because no one gives them a chance. Look at the aftermarket stuff, tons and tons of stuff for the 450's, but can't find squat for the Pred. How much money do you think are on the front end of Ballence, Borich, and other Pros? ASR/FX a-arms, Houser, and so on. There fully adjustable, but what does the Pred get, nothing, as most are still riding stock a-arms. It's the same with swing arms and tie rods and ends. NOBODY makes them for the Pred. So how do you expect a near stock quad going up against $20000 quads? Well Smiley did just that last year. But I would get sick of seeing everyone else get all the goodies and I sit back dealing with stock stuff. So many people including many on this site have got Polaris so stereotype that there junk, that most believe it.
    or just maybe the pro's don't think the polaris is good enough at that level. aftermarket companies will make what they have a demand for. if bill ballance wanted to run a polaris i guarantee ars-fx will have a-arms for him. for the average trail rider the polaris is a very nice quad, but at top level racing it is at a disadvantage whether you want too believe it or not. But that might change in the future.

GE4x4 I like my junk and I like that I am not part of group mind set like some people. I enjoy being independent and different too bad so may have such closed minds.

Originally posted by jb500ex
    or just maybe the pro's don't think the polaris is good enough at that level. aftermarket companies will make what they have a demand for. if bill ballance wanted to run a polaris i guarantee ars-fx will have a-arms for him. for the average trail rider the polaris is a very nice quad, but at top level racing it is at a disadvantage whether you want too believe it or not. But that might change in the future.
    True it might change. I would agree that the Pred isn't a top level if I saw one set up the way all the other are and didn't do good. Nobody has even tried, they just all asume it's a Polaris so it's not a racer. I've talked to many aftermarket companies reguarding stuff for the Pred. Allmost all have said that they don't plan on making anything for the Pred. Smiley raced a Pred all last year, yet not one manufactor made any a-arms or swing arm for it even tho he was in the top 5 many times. WHY?? And when people like me and many others want to race the Pred we all start with a dissadvantage because we can't get ours set up. So any new one's that are coming out see the same thing so they won't even try a Pred knowing they can't get it set up. So now I still race a basicly stock quad against many with big money in them and still do qite fine. But I know if I had better stuff like the others, I would do better. But the way things are going, it looks like I will have to deal with it. One question tho, how do you think most of the Pros would do if they were still on stock a-arms,swing arms, tie rods and ends and axles?

They would still be fast.

My ATK was all stock except for the Elka's, It can be done.
    Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

Originally posted by Jeff@TireBalls
    My ATK was all stock except for the Elka's, It can be done.
    The ATK's are very nicely set up, so I don't doubt it a bit.

Originally posted by jdwxv3
    They would still be fast.
    True, but as fast as they are now?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast