Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Smiley Is gone

Then explain why he was in the top 5 most of last year, yet this year only broke the top 10 once and that was 10th. The quads haven't changed from last year. He raced the Pred at the last 4 races, so you can't blame the Outlaw.

Not totally blaming the machine, but he started off this season on the Outlaw. But I also agree that the competition is getting better. Only time will tell the truth. I think the Outlaw is great, but it is more physically demanding that the 450's.
    RIDE Maxxis RAZR/RAZR2/IRAZR/RAZR MX!!!
    Sponsors
    http://www.maxxis.com
    http://www.adaptracing.com
    http://www.imsproducts.com
    http://www.douglaswheel.com
    Mickey Dunlaps 4-Stroke Tech

and more!

I will miss Smiley as a fellow Polaris racer. I have been a fan of Smiley for a few years. He is very nice to talk to even when things haven't been going well. He was taking a chance on Polaris as much as Polaris was taking a chance when they signed him. Noone had proven that polaris was serious about racing. He proved that they could be competitive with the best racers on the so called best equipment. Too bad that this year went so poorly for them. I hope him all the best and would love to see him prove you guys wrong. I also hope that Polaris keeps working on a pro racing quad program. Good luck Matt. Good luck Polaris.
    2005 TLD Predator Custom Axis, Hiper, Tire Balls, Kenda, Faast, Ac, PRM, Rath, Pure Polaris, Lonestar, BRP, Cycra, Jets R Us, ODI, Maier, EBC, GPR, Shocker Glove

http://www.bannedatatvnews.com

[http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/JoshuaJ

so whose gana race for polaris now? we got some great machines but no great racers! whats with that?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by polaris bob
    [B]Am I the only one that is not unhappy to see him go?

Jake, I agree with at least part of your thinking, he was looking to have a label put under his name.

But IMO, what the label now says about him, is not what he was hoping for.

Quitter

Crybaby

Not a team player

Flash in the pan

IMO, a top notch, factory grade, , A main rider can and should be able to hop on just about any quad and win on it., if the rider is any good at all. The bikes have way less to do with how a rider places than everyone thinks.

The last sentence tells me how much you know about racing. If you actually believe that the machine you ride doesn't make a difference your nuts. Matt is a hell of a rider to get a top 5 overall last year on a machine that is not even in the same class as the others that are on pro roll, smiley will be on the podium before the year is up and then everyone will know what the polaris's really are.

Polaris should really do something with their high performance line up. they should either redo the predator to make it compeatable with the 450's, or introduce a new 450.

having the Outlaw and the Pred dont really make sense. Both are more primarily made for trails. its like they are conflicting with each other! i mean, you take Yamaha for example, they have a 450 for racing and a 700 for trails, as well as the banshee for dunes/open areas.

doesnt polaris have some sort of connection with KTM? why not just take a KTM 450 dirt bike motor, beef up the tranny and stuff it in a quad chasis?
    ~2008 YFZ~
    Pro Armor, Houser, Maxxis, Streamline

#621 WNYOA Harescramble Series
    www.wnyoa.net

Sponsors: Steel MX, Weapon MX, WolffRacing

www.steelmx.com
    www.weaponmx.com

[QUOTE]Originally posted by racerxxgncc
    [B]
    Originally posted by polaris bob
    Am I the only one that is not unhappy to see him go?

Jake, I agree with at least part of your thinking, he was looking to have a label put under his name.

But IMO, what the label now says about him, is not what he was hoping for.

Quitter

Crybaby

Not a team player

Flash in the pan

IMO, a top notch, factory grade, , A main rider can and should be able to hop on just about any quad and win on it., if the rider is any good at all. The bikes have way less to do with how a rider places than everyone thinks.

The last sentence tells me how much you know about racing. If you actually believe that the machine you ride doesn't make a difference your nuts. Matt is a hell of a rider to get a top 5 overall last year on a machine that is not even in the same class as the others that are on pro roll, smiley will be on the podium before the year is up and then everyone will know what the Polaris's really are.

You can go on blaming the bike all you want to! I stand by what I say. If I am wrong so be it.

Everyone likes to say, this guy won or that guy won because of what machine they were racing that weekend, this goes on in any form of motorized racing, bar none.

That is where the term, win on Sunday, sell on Monday comes from!

Everyone like to say that the predator sucks or the Outlaw sucks or this or that Yada Yada Yada blah blah blah! What ever!

Has anyone here actually ever weighed the various bikes that are racing and even compared what they weigh? I am talking about the bikes as they roll up to the starting grid, not as they roll off the factory floor.

I you would, you would find that the bikes are a lot closer in weight than everyone gives them credit for! These quads that are racing at this level are so far from what rolls off the factory floor that any comparison to a stock machine is just laughable.

Now a days these bikes are so close to each other that who wins the race is more determined by the racer and his mechanic/ crew chief than any other item.

Mind you nowhere did you see me say that Honda sucks, Yamaha sucks or for that matter Polaris sucks.

IMO they are all great machines and I would have anyone of them in my garage, it just so happens that I have a Polaris in my garage at this time, but that is of no matter. I will say it again, they are all great machines!

I said that Matt sucks!

Instead of taking the blame on himself and trying to do something to better himself, he blames the machine and jumps ship.

That act alone, tells me what kind of person Matt is.

It is my OPINION that Matt will never do much better than he already has no matter what he is racing on, until Matt makes the decision to better himself and quit blaming the machine for his faults and problems.

If you don't agree with my opinion,, that is your right, like they say. Everyone has an opinion, just like they all have something else!! LOL

PB out
    Wiseco 12:5-1 piston, White brothers/PP pipe, Nicholas carb mod, clamp on filter, Dyna FS ign, 2 inline coolers, Trail Tech handle bar clamp with Flexx bars, Trail Tech HID lights, Shaved 05 plastic, 05 seat, powder coated frame, rad shrouds, ESR inline temp gauge, Extreme ATV racing + 2 swing arm, Rath heel guards, Rath case saver, different wheels and tires, a couple of different sprockets, 400 ex throttle, 450r front brake master cyl, factory front rezzy's, PRM front and rear bumper, Scott's reusable/cleanable oil filter, NOS brand nitrous system, Air/fuel ratio gauge w/O2 sensor, Pro design tether kill switch, Tusk gas cap breather, Shock Pro's shock covers, and a whole lot of TLC !!!

The question I have, he was at the track with a Honda 450R outside the trailer, yet did not race. Why?

Originally posted by Jeff@TireBalls
    WOW!!!
    LOL...i was joking about a honda, i figured it would stir the pot I actually called the track after i read this on friday to see if it was indeed true, and it was confirmed but no further details were given.

I would suspect that things will work themselves out, everyone wanted factory sponsored riders, so now everyone will deal with the BS involved when a change occurs.

My advice...dont read too much into it. I dont care how great a quad is, sometimes a rider just doesnt feel good on it. This is not teh first time we have seen a rider switch to another quad, Duvall switched from a FST500EX to a YFZ, albiet wasnt a factory deal, Dunlap was a full ride nonetheless.
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

I am in total agreeance that Matt Smiley sucks. He may be a nice guy whatever but I never thought he would be a force in GNCC no matter what he was riding.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast