Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Smiley Is gone

Matt Smiley Is gone

Look like Matt and Polaris have parted company. I wish Matt good luck and thanks for the memories

Is he hanging his boots up, or swaping to a different machine?

this is breaking new's all I have found out is that they have split up. I am sure he will be racing just due not know on what yet

Matt will be running a Honda 450R at the Penton
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

WOW!!!
    Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

eh, I saw it coming. I could tell he was never really satisfied with the pred. Especially the outlaw. I think he just went along with it to have the label of a factory rider.
    08 ktm250sxf

Originally posted by Jake250ex
    eh, I saw it coming. I could tell he was never really satisfied with the pred. Especially the outlaw. I think he just went along with it to have the label of a factory rider.
    Am I the only one that is not unhappy to see him go?

Jake, I agree with at least part of your thinking, he was looking to have a label put under his name.

But IMO, what the label now says about him, is not what he was hoping for.

Quitter

Crybaby

Not a team player

Flash in the pan

IMO, a top notch, factory grade, , A main rider can and should be able to hop on just about any quad and win on it., if the rider is any good at all. The bikes have way less to do with how a rider places than everyone thinks.

IMO Matt is just out of his league and is trying anything to be considered at the top of his game, unfortunately his top game is just not good enough!

I doubt that his stats will change much no matter what bike he is riding! He is just not as good as he thinks he is!

I say good riddance to Matt Smiley! Buh Bye now Matt!
    Wiseco 12:5-1 piston, White brothers/PP pipe, Nicholas carb mod, clamp on filter, Dyna FS ign, 2 inline coolers, Trail Tech handle bar clamp with Flexx bars, Trail Tech HID lights, Shaved 05 plastic, 05 seat, powder coated frame, rad shrouds, ESR inline temp gauge, Extreme ATV racing + 2 swing arm, Rath heel guards, Rath case saver, different wheels and tires, a couple of different sprockets, 400 ex throttle, 450r front brake master cyl, factory front rezzy's, PRM front and rear bumper, Scott's reusable/cleanable oil filter, NOS brand nitrous system, Air/fuel ratio gauge w/O2 sensor, Pro design tether kill switch, Tusk gas cap breather, Shock Pro's shock covers, and a whole lot of TLC !!!

I think he would have been alright on the pred, but the outlaw is not a pro quality race bike.
    450R
    Bunch of overpriced $hit

I think the compatition is just getting better and he isn't keeping up. He is one of the older riders and these young guns are just taking over. He did well last year, and even tho he was on the Outlaw at the start, he ran the Pred the last 4 races and really didn't do any better. The Pred hasn't changed and neither has the others, but the compatition has changed a lot. I can't see him doing any better on a Honda or Yamaha. If he does, it will be only once or twice and not consistant. If you look at his lap times when he was on the Pred, he's not even close to the front runners. I hope the best for him.

I don't think you guys are giving Smiley enough credit. Even if Ballance and Smiley were exactly even riders (which they are not) Ballance would have the edge on the YFZ which is so much lighter and flickable through the woods. Smiley is a top 5 rider. No doubt. He just needs to be on a quad that is as competitive as everyone else. Outlaw is an awesome machine, but displays some disadvantages in weight, handling and power.
    RIDE Maxxis RAZR/RAZR2/IRAZR/RAZR MX!!!
    Sponsors
    http://www.maxxis.com
    http://www.adaptracing.com
    http://www.imsproducts.com
    http://www.douglaswheel.com
    Mickey Dunlaps 4-Stroke Tech

and more!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast