Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help which tire?

Need Help which tire?

Well I blew out the sidewall in my Ohtsu last weekend and want to get a new set for the rear. I ride tough trails usually alot of mud and rock and big hills. What do you guys suggest I get? any help would be great! The 3 tires that ive looked at are Maxxis Razr 6 ply 20x11x9, Holeshot 6 ply 20x11x9 and Bandit 20x10x9.
    Which type would you suggest for my type of riding? Thanks!
    2001 Yellow 400 EX Loaded - SOLD

2003 Yellow LTZ 400 Loaded

2005 Green KFX 700 Semi Loaded

I personally have GBC Dirt Devils 22x11x9 6ply. I think they're awesome all around. Pretty agressive, but they do well on alot of different terrains.

holeshot holeshot. i blew out myu ohtsu sidewall too, must be weak, howd you do it/, i just hit a very dull pipe in 1 st gear, it sucked

Yeah im leaning more towards the holeshots but are they
    real good in mud? I was flying up a big rocky hill and a rock
    must have cut it. It was sliced in 2 places At least it was
    the last ride of the day. Dose Holeshot make a 20x10x9 or is the
    closest size 20x11x9?
    2001 Yellow 400 EX Loaded - SOLD

2003 Yellow LTZ 400 Loaded

2005 Green KFX 700 Semi Loaded

yea the 20x11x9 is the closest size you can get its just a lil wider which is good
    fo hundred with stuff on it
    Sponsored by: Motoman440 and K2-Dawg
    Thanks for the help Pappy!
    "I have morals and feelings like everyone else, I just keep forgetting them."

I think it is pretty common to slice the side wall on the stock tires because I did the same thing 3 months after I got my 400. I got a set of hole shots and I have not had a problem with them at all. I have had good luck in the mud and hard pack.
    2002 KTM 400 EXC, this bike is awsome!

Quads I use to own:
    FDO 463ex, Gas Gas 300, Gas Gas 450, Rancher, Yamaha Warrior, ATC Big Red.

If you can't afford to fix it or replace it, don't ask to ride it!

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    I had a set of holeshot xcs 20x11x9 and they worked well never got one flat in 10 months and they held up pretty well tread wise till i got a new set of ohtsus and stuff for the winter and my little grooved turf tamers. i really like the xcs but if ur doin any riding in the winter i highly don't recommend this tires. they are awesome on hard pack dirt, soft dirt, mud anything but snow. i pushed more then rode. if ur doin snow get ohtsus or reltors. the holeshots are a great tire for the summer and puncture resistant.

holeshots all the way. they r great tires for everything. (track trail mud rock...) they have awsome traction and r real durable. I have 20x11x9 six plys and they seem to be holding up great. Just don't get ripped and pay $85 a piece from dennis kirk! Go to rocky mtn. Save $20 a tire.

Thumbs up Tires

I have a pair of 6ply Puresport Bandits on my 400ex. They have been taking alot of punishment with no problems. They are a little on the heavy side. The weight doesn't bother me. I'm gonna get a set of the 6ply Holeshots soon. I had a set of Holeshots a while ago, and they didn't make a full ride that day. They weren't the 6plys. Either way you can't go wrong.

Thumbs up

Definitely RAZRS. I have the 21x7x10 up front and 20x11x9 in the rear. They perform great in all conditions. Very versatile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast