Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Better info on the new Z400

Arrow Better info on the new Z400

'00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch

Honestly it's not a bad looking quad can't wait to see one in person,,,or even ride one,,,but hell I ain't even rode a rapturd yet.

Raptor copier..... Narrow rear end ...... same tires.......same fenders. Can't they come up with something of their own

i think thats the gayest quad ive ever seen in my life, just an opinion

It looks like all they did was copy everyone else. Everything looks like it was either off from the raptor or 400ex. I mean come on spend a little more money on r&d and be a little innotive. Its nice but it looks like is all they did was copy everyone else and just add their little change to it. I mean look at the parking brake is all they did was change which way it moves. The handlebar thing looks the same. raptor plastic, 400ex frame with their own probably useless touch but then they won't have to wory about patents or anything, the only thing good about is the motor and it is probably about the same detuned so bad that it will be the same as a 400ex oh yeah it looks like it has the same tires, light, heel kicks, rims, hub color, and bumber of the 400ex, pipe and even the bumper.
    Last edited by Nausty; 10-08-2001 at 03:30 PM.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

They've always been known for their cheesy frames and weak swingarms which crack on almost every machine...looks like this new one is following suit. I'm scared just looking at the quality of it...let alone putting it to the test.

On the other hand...the displacement is 11.3:1....pretty impressive! She might be a runner!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '86 ESR 310pv
    '87 ESR 310pv
    '86 269r

What makes you think this frame is cheezy and weak? We won't know until after some test rides how the bike actually performs. We've already established that's the frame is very similar to the 400EX/250R and look at that swingarm! They boxed it in. That's one of the best things you could do to increase strength. Look at lower control arms on rear wheel drive cars. From the factory they come as stamped units that look very much like upside down C-channel. First thing drag racers do is box the LCA's (lower control arms). Makes even the stamped factory pieces incredibly strong.

One thing that does disappoint me is that they used their old bearing carrier/chain adjustment setup. That was the worst on the market.
    2013 KTM 300XC

wow that swing arm looks indestructable
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

Extreme-

I think you meant to say a "compression" of 11.3:1. That is very impressive!! You will have to run 92+ in this puppy at all times...

Eric
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

Question

Who's gonna buy one?
    '00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast