Thread: YFZ is bogging down past half throttle

Exclamation YFZ is bogging down past half throttle

My YFZ bogs down past half throttle every now and then and its starting to piss me off because it did it the other day int he middle of a hill climb. Nebody got any idea about whats going on with it?? When it does it I can just pop the choke out and hit the gas and it works just fine again.
    06' Honda CRF450r fully modded
    05' Yamaha YFZ 450 Special Edition
    05' Suzuki DRZ 125L
    09' Polaris Sportsman 400
    97' Audi s4 Quatro
    92' JSpec Nissan Silvia CA18 TURBO
    89' Dodge Ramcharger 448BB on 38s
    90' Ford Supercoupe 24lbs of boost
    87' Suzuki Samurai monster rock crawler

fuel screw and your jeting is off. clean you carb to
    yfz450 kenda klaws all around on douglas rims ,pro taper bars, tusk shifter/ tether kill switch, cam mod, n/style grafic kit ac nefs, maior hand guards, ported and polished, ,clutch kit, ac mud screen, shock covers, ,jeted/yz needle, yoshi full system bling star grab, smith grips, bural blue wheel spacers. twin air filter k&k case saver. maior hood. zip tie fuel screw. axle still to come mabe shocks and a-arms($)

yz250f n/style usa grafic, race tach suspension, applied handle bars/ trees, dr d pipe, cam mod, carbon fiber air box/ uni filter, acerbis hand guards, jeted

06 sponser. twin air
    thanks to sponser house.com

This may sound rediculous, but if your ATV is a 2005 or earlier, turn on the headlights to see if the problem goes away. If you don't have headlights installed, reinstall them or else get the Yamaha "resistor kit". With the headlights installed, you should make the problem disappear and reappear by turning on/off the lights.
    2004 Yamaha YFZ450

Not sure if this is your fix, but it was for me. My 400EX would bog every once in a while past half throttle when I would get on it at the face of a jump or hill climb. Almost nosed it a couple times on the jumps. Well, as it turned out, it was dirt in the carb. There was dirt in the float bowl, main jet, and accelerator pump. I say take the carb apart and clean it like I did. Fixed it for me.
    2004 TRX400EX, ProTaper handlebars and grips, RTC "pro pull" clutch and brake lever, Moose e-brake block off, TUSK nerf bars, Shark Racing swingarm skidplate, AC front bumper, FMF PowerCore IV exhaust, open airbox, Outerwears prefilter, 152 main jet, 42 pilot jet, G-Force front wheel spacers, 14 tooth front sprocket, Gunnar tether kill switch, and Nac's Racing number plates.

1999 Warrior 350, stock.

FullThrottleAssault.com

Originally posted by 400EXBill
    My 400EX would bog every once in a while past half throttle when I would get on it at the face of a jump or hill climb. Almost nosed it a couple times on the jumps. Well, as it turned out, it was dirt in the carb.
    That's funny because years ago I had an ATV that would die out only over whoops, but could kick started easy afterwards. When I dropped the float bowl, I found a huge, single grain of sand right under the main jet. Apparently, that grain would get tossed against the main jet opening and held there by vacuum as long as the engine was running. Once the engine stalled, the grain dropped to the bottom of the bowl. The cycle would then repeat itself the next time I rode over whoops.
    2004 Yamaha YFZ450