Thread: what is wrong with the 250 x???

Question what is wrong with the 250 x???

i have a 91 250 x and when the rpm's get high the dang thing cuts or boggs out.. what could the problem be?? thanx for any info u have!!

Check your air filter, it may be dirty. That or your jetting is off.
    2002 KTM 400 EXC, this bike is awsome!

Quads I use to own:
    FDO 463ex, Gas Gas 300, Gas Gas 450, Rancher, Yamaha Warrior, ATC Big Red.

If you can't afford to fix it or replace it, don't ask to ride it!

If Its Not the Carb , It Could Be The Cam , Mine Cut Out At High R's Too & I Checked & Rechecked Everything.... But I Got Sick Of Playing With It & Said Screw It & I Tore It Apart Down To The Cam, I Noticed That The Cam had Some Dead Spots In It Where It Was Ground Down.... This Is Just An Idea , But I Had Lots Of Trouble Figuring Out What My Problem Was Till i Changed Out The Cam , Then Once You Are That Far , Might As Well Check Out The Piston Too To See How The Wear Is On the Rings & On The Cylinder...
    Visit www.kidatvs.com for Xtreme, Jetmoto, Unison, Redcat, Kazuma ATV sales, parts & service.

it does not cut out bad it is just like a pop or 2 when u are riding then it will go away and then like 2 or 3 seconds later it will do it again. the chain slipped off and put a crack in the case and i put j/b weld on it for a temporary hold until i get it welded, could this bee the problem at all?? the jetting has always been fine, could it be n e thing else in the carb. what about the cdi box. could that be it. also about the cam, spliffy, did that solve your problem and if so what do i look for. and how long and how much $$$ did it cost ya.
    thanx

Totally Solved My Problem , The Things Runs Like A Brand New Quad Now , & Alot Faster Than A Stock 250x......The Cam (Drop In Web Cam) After A Core Charge ($70) Was $110 , The .080 Wiseco Piston Was $80 , Top End Gasket Set Was $20 & To Bore Out the Cylinder Was $50... It Took Me About 5 hrs Total To Do the Whole Thing (Not Including Wait Time For the Boring Out) , This Was The First Time I Had To Work On A 4 Stroke , Im Usually Just A 2 Stroke Man , Get Your Self A Clymer Manual ($25) & Its All Right There On What You Have To Do & Not Hard Work At All.... Just Take Your Time
    Visit www.kidatvs.com for Xtreme, Jetmoto, Unison, Redcat, Kazuma ATV sales, parts & service.

thanx man