Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mouse trap cars

mouse trap cars

In tech class we are going to strart building mouse trap cars. They are the cars that you make out of wood and run on CO2. What is the best advice so that I can get top speed and distance??

If they run on co2, would they still be called mousetrap cars?
    2001 400ex
    2003 Argo Bigfoot

i belive you have your cars mixed up. a mousetrap car uses a mousetrap as a powersource with a string tied to teh spring on the trap and teh other end wrapped around the axle to pull it.

a CO2 car is completely different. much faster, lighter.

CO2 cars are great. what wood are you using balsa or bass wood? the Fastest cars have teh wheels inside the body, known as a shell car. shaped like a torpedo, looks kinda like a funny car. i will get a few pics of all mine tonight. i have built a few shell cars, a 1/2 shell, a chevy truck, a bus and a few other ones for state competitions. in four years in school, me and my buddies took 1st, 2nd, and two 3rds at state competitions of hundreds of cars. my senior year i built a woody car, with teh car being stained and laquered instead of painted.
    Tyler Jones

2000 426EX, 11:1 wiseco, hot cams stage 3 "stroker" cam, Ported head done by Dr. G, FCR 41, Hot rods crank, running no base gasket, 1 layer of 3 layer head gasket, Klotz 113 race fuel Feather carbon smoothie hood, works tripples w/ressies, Black HMF slip on, AC pro peg nerfs, Azonic fat bars, burgaurd +1 1/4" swinger, Lonestar +1 stem, douglas yellow label front wheels, Pro Armor front bumper, + some others goodies

AIM: Fourtrax426

Holeshot Motorsports Wilder, KY
    for all aftermarket parts

oo my tech teacher says thier mousetrap cars show how much he knows lol so what is the best way to make the cars for distance and speed but my tech teacher wont let us put the wheels under the cars.

and the cars we are gettin are the kits from pitsco

i won in my class i made a sick car it was a wedge and it had a wing on the back it went like 55.
    02 honda recon(sold and missed)

03 400ex sold

04 honda foreman 27' super swampers
    04 f350 diseal super duty crew cab
    96 blazer 4.3l

Tyler

AIM- ferrari1569

pitsco makes both balsa and bass wood kits. balsa is lighter and faster, bass is a heavier and stronger wood.

you could do the needle car. looks like a pencil with wheels pretty much.
    Tyler Jones

2000 426EX, 11:1 wiseco, hot cams stage 3 "stroker" cam, Ported head done by Dr. G, FCR 41, Hot rods crank, running no base gasket, 1 layer of 3 layer head gasket, Klotz 113 race fuel Feather carbon smoothie hood, works tripples w/ressies, Black HMF slip on, AC pro peg nerfs, Azonic fat bars, burgaurd +1 1/4" swinger, Lonestar +1 stem, douglas yellow label front wheels, Pro Armor front bumper, + some others goodies

AIM: Fourtrax426

Holeshot Motorsports Wilder, KY
    for all aftermarket parts

were working ont hem in school now. But I made mine skinny in the mddle but no skinnier then a pencil it will break then.
    2005 yfz450 limited edition
    FOR SALE
    http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=250984

amazing the diversity of people we got on here.

i didn't think for a second you were going to get a response......cool.

well if it is a mousetrap car and not a co2 car.. the key i found out when i did the project is to make an extension on the mouse trap spring loaded piece. That way it has more swing and will go alot further.
    01' Honda 400ex
    440 kit 11:1 piston
    Hotcams stage 2
    Port/Polish
    Uni Filter with airlid hole filters
    Elka triple rate front shocks
    Elka Rear Dual Rate Conversion
    DG nerfs
    HMF Full System w/ Blue can
    Tinner Scoops
    Terry cable throttle
    Powermadd Handguards