Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: How to Mount a Tire

Talking

i cheat, lol i work at a company that makes tire patches and plugs. they have a tire changer thingy that will break the bead and put it on to. we got bead seater liquid that will lube it up to go on easy
    2005 trx 400 ex
    AC PRO RACING NERF BARS WITH HEEL GUARD
    DYNO JETS

Another word of warning when using the straps. Make sure you let the pressure out of the tire before removing it. If it has too much pressure on it when you try to release it, it WILL go flying and possibly do some serious damage......trust me, I knew I should have let the air once, and of course I didn't, so my hand got cut up pretty bad.

After struggling to get the bead to break for 30 minutes I took my tires down to the local tire shop and they had all 4 new tires mounted and full of air within 15 minutes FREE OF CHARGE. But we also buy 3k+ worth of tires from them every year so I guess I should've expected that.

Yea my friend works at an autobody shop and he mounts/dismounts tires all day long. I dont know about all this crap about hitting the tire with a 2x4 and running over your tires but its definatly worth just using the right equipment, and to set rear beads just read the max beat setting psi, as you get near that max they will set.
    Sold the 400ex

2004 Suzuki Z400 Limited Edtion, Jet Kit, Alba Racing Pipe, Removed Airbox Lid, Primary Drive sprockets and chain, Razr 2's all around, Douglas .190 rims up front, Swingarm Skid, Engine Skid, and much more to come.

Zach

Has anyone used one of these from Harbor Freight: Tire Changer

i generally go to local shop and pay 1.00 a beed to get them broken. once i get home, removing the old ties and installing the new is easy. to seat the beeds i simply use ether and a good ole match. ofcourse i remove the stem valve.
    250R's...... "they gots bite wiff dat bark !!!" R's are fo sand bars.....

'86 TRX250R (265)
    '86 TRX250R (250)
    '86 TRX250R (CT310) WIP
    '86 TRX250R (250)
    '89 TRX250R (WIP)
    '88 Blastee (WIP)

i love where i live because theres a body shop like 2min from my house so i just ride up there on my quad, then i jack my atv up, take off my tire and rim, and hand my new tires and the old rims with tires on them, and we change them in like a min., and he doesnt charge me anything, ahhh....its great
    01 416ex
    03 kx250

i had a tire bead give me a hard time , i could not blow enough air in fast enough to get it to seal to the rime , i use a smear of silicone on the rim and some on the tire , worked good tho i will have to take it to a tire shop to get the thing off . LOL
    03 Z400
    13:1 JE piston
    95.5 bore
    +5 stroke
    RHC Ferrea valves +1 intakes
    P&P
    Barker performance pipe
    no air box
    dynatek cdi
    05 trx450r air boot
    42mm Sredrum TB fcr carb w//RAT 180&48@1000, 160&42@5000'
    RHC cams #208 &#187
    -16 flywheel
    drz manual engine decompresser
    06 clutch ,450r plates ,400ex springs
    12 paddle 22x12x8 skat-trak TB exstreems (72 rollout)

Honda trx700xx, 751cc +3 stroke,+3 bore, +1 intake valves,

Originally posted by bobkunkle
    Has anyone used one of these from Harbor Freight: Tire Changer

I made the mistake in buying one of those last week. It is really crappy. The center hole of my rims (8") were to big for the cylinder thing on the tire machine, therefore it wouldn't sit on there right to get leverage for the handle. I might have to make a jig to see if this thing really works. I used a "hand" bead breaker kit my dad had from his ATC days. Took a while and a little bit of cussing but i swapped out 4 tires....

Also i had a heck of a time mounting my haulers on the rims. it was horrible getting the first bead over the lip of the rim.. I managed to do them though without messign up the pc
    06' YFZ450
    06' LTR450
    86' 250r
    04' Raptor 80

My preferred method for breaking down tires is to use a bumper jack under the front of my truck, with the base of the jack sitting on the tire as close to the rim as possible. The weight of the truck is plenty sufficient to break the bead down when jacking it up, and the truck still has the tires on it for safety in case the jack slips, although after doing it this way for over 25 years I have not had the jack slip out even once. Safe, fast, easy and free...what more could you ask in a home remedy? Or in a woman for that matter
    Rex L Keeton

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast