Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Mount a Tire

With the ratchet strap around the tire you will need to hook up an air compressor to the tire and let the tire air itself up.

Quad Less

A special thanks to BK PERFORMANCE for the powdercoating.

2009 MMI Graduate/Kawasaki Certified Technician

District 15
    Gone Hazardous Racing

aim-gonehazardous221

msn messenger- Chabowski22@insightbb.com

You may need to do a little coaxing to get the tire to pop on its bead like spraying grease on the tire or something like that.

CAUTION!!!! DO NOT KEEP YOUR FINGERS NEXT TO THE BEAD WHILE AIRING IT UP!! It will take your fingers off when the bead seats.

Your end result should look like so.

Quad Less

District 15
    Gone Hazardous Racing

aim-gonehazardous221

Here is the other tire. You will also need to adjust tire pressure as there will be about 20 lbs or so in the tire.

Quad Less

District 15
    Gone Hazardous Racing

aim-gonehazardous221

Thats it with my write up. Hopefully it saves someone a little money when bills are tight.
    Quad Less

District 15
    Gone Hazardous Racing

aim-gonehazardous221

Good write up. I use dishsoap on the beads as well to help them seat. Another trick if you have trouble getting the bead to seat is to remove the core from the valve stem. Now, take your air hose chuck(just the chuck, no tire inflator attachment) and put it on the stem. Be careful, it will air up quick. As soon as the bead seats, quickly pull the air hose off and screw the core back in the stem. Be careful or the air coming back out might shoot it across the room.
    Tony

Arens Axis XC 310R

home town, Poland NY College, Blairsville PA
    Thats a really good write up. Thats just about everything I had to do when I was mounting my set of razr MX's. Another trick to do to get the bead to set is when you have the ratchet strap around the tire bounce the tire on the ground.
    Andy

WyoTech....

AIM; District3250rMX
    Yahoo; Gone_Snowboarding06

how do you mount a tire on a beadlock rim? Put the inside lip onto the rim and then bolt the ring onto the front of the tire then air it up??
    Pro-X 310 on meth

What about getting the tire off the rim? for some reason im having a hell of a time getting my klaws off.

Originally posted by JSC450
    What about getting the tire off the rim? for some reason im having a hell of a time getting my klaws off.
    I dont have pics but you can try this. Please be very careful.
    Lay your rim on the side and use your car to run over the edge of the tire(not running over your rim).If you have problems getting you car tire over the quad tire,add somthing under you car tire to raise it up a lil. Once the bead is broken, you should be able to work the rest around . Then flip your rim over and do the other side. Caution, be very careful when driving your car on the tire to break the bead,it can shoot out from under you car tire like a disk.Just wedge it up against something like a pole or tree. Make sure all the air is out the tire and the core is out of the valve stem BEFORE you try this.
    -Paul

2001 416 EX that i used to have until some baseterds stole it from me!!!

Special Thanks To:
    My Beautiful Wife and Son, C&D Racing, BK Performance Coatings
    Please remember to make a donation to ATVRiders.com for the great site they have put together for us to enjoy.
    http://www.atvriders.com/donations/index.html

Luckily, I went to a local shop to get the beads broken =] the dealer actually wanted to charge me to have the beads broken. A bud hooked me up me in 2 minutes =]

Once i got the wheels home, i sprayed the inside of the rim and the outter walls of the tires with soapy water, stood on one side of the tire, and pulled the rim though on that side. I guess i could have worked the tire off with screw drivers or something. I was so aggrivated with school and work and missing parts, i just ripped that sucker out of the tire =]

Putting the tires on my new front beadlockers was interesting... I had to do it so many times im like a certified professional at it =] I had a hard time getting the bead to the edge of one of the rims, so i spent alot of time looking for leaks (which i hope were there just because i blasted 15-20 psi into the tire), and then after finally getting the bead to the edge, i discovered i put the tire on in the wrong direction =[ Thank god the everything was still kinda soapy, didnt have much trouble getting the tire back off the rim.

Anyways, i used the "remove core, insert air valve method" and i think it turned out how it was supposed to. Thanks for the tips!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast