Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ltr450 yoshi pipe hp gains with cbrm?

ltr450 yoshi pipe hp gains with cbrm?

i have a ltr450 and i want 2 buy the full yoshi pipe the rs-5 but i wana no about the horsepower gains and the sound i want 2 have a loud *** quad but i also want the performance 2 be there does anyone have the yoshi pipe on it already? i do have the cherry bomb installed i want to no if anyone has the cherry bomb and the full yoshi pipe and if so how does it run/ sound thanks

I think the yosh will give you around 5 or so more horsepower I believe
    06 LT-R450

#41 D5

Yoshimura, Fasst co., Fox Shox, Walsh, Cernics, Rath, ITP, Douglass, Baldwin Motorsports

I believe Yosh is claiming a 7hp increase with the Cherry Bomb, pipe with baffle out and air box lid removed.

IMO the Yosh pipe quite a difference from the stocker with the baffle removed...way more midrange and top end.
    06 LT-R450
    Full Yoshi Pipe
    Yoshi CB
    Trinity Proflo Intake

I have the full Yosh, Trinity pro flow intake kit, and Cherry bomb. I installed the pipe and intake at the same time, it runs flat/lean on the top end, pops, and seems to hit the rev limiter way too early in the rpm range. Not sure if my cherry bomb is not working or if I need the Yosh PIM also. Anybody know how to test the cherry bomb or how to be sure you have accessed the race map?

Originally posted by ACEOUTDOOR
    I have the full Yosh, Trinity pro flow intake kit, and Cherry bomb. I installed the pipe and intake at the same time, it runs flat/lean on the top end, pops, and seems to hit the rev limiter way too early in the rpm range. Not sure if my cherry bomb is not working or if I need the Yosh PIM also. Anybody know how to test the cherry bomb or how to be sure you have accessed the race map?
    I've read that the cherry bomb doesn't give it enough fuel for better flowing intakes. Are you running the pipe with the sparky in it or out? I'm running the full yosh(sparky in) with the cherry bomb and lid removed and it runs real nice.
    2006 ltr450
    ATP 14.1 piston w/custom wristpin
    ATP P&P
    +1mm Ex Valves
    ATP Custom Grind Int Cam
    High Flow Fuel Injector
    5 Angle Valve Job
    FuelATV Intake
    Dasa Full Exhaust
    Yoshimura PIM, FIMAK
    LM-1 Wideband o2 Sensor

Originally posted by Speed_MDS2
    I've read that the cherry bomb doesn't give it enough fuel for better flowing intakes. Are you running the pipe with the sparky in it or out? I'm running the full yosh(sparky in) with the cherry bomb and lid removed and it runs real nice.

Baffle out/Wide open. Maybe I just need the Yosh PIM, although I understand its still not available yet(whats up with that?). It still feels like its hittin the rev limiter way too quick. I unhooked the battery overnight to weld/reinforce the linkage at the same time I installed the exhaust/intake, I just wonder if that messed up the Cherry bomb.

i put the yoshi on with the cb and it runs out fine i think your cb is bad??

mine became alot more responsive and has more mid and top!!

I am running RS5 w/ C/B and the power is explosive! Mine hasnt even backfired once, but someone at the track said he saw a flame pop out once when I landed a medium double without any throttle. I wouldnt even think about going back to the stock pipe.
    '06 LTR

Yoshi RS5--Yoshi PIM--FUEL airbox--Kenda--Bling Star--Evol/Podium X--CCP Stabilizer--Houser+1--Tag 2s'--Streamline--HotCams--CP 13.1--Some cool stickers n' chit

D37 G/P-AMA So-Cal MX racer #Q3 Vet Expert 2011

They Cherry Bomb and the Yosh Pipe are not worth 3 hp.

You get 7 from removing the lid and sparky, with no money.
    So 7 with the same and Cherry Bomb is no better.
    Up here the LT liked the Cherry Bomb for its fule ratio, and it seemed to run a abit stronger as well.
    I never tested the pipe independantly, but I will bet its not worth 3 hp more than stock with no sparky.
    I will test it this week.
    TRX500R
    LTZ400
    TRX450R
    Venom Powersports
    Klein Racing
    RMD
    Tuners Edge
    Kryptonite Racing
    KBR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast