Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suzuki's brochure pic of the Z400

Suzuki's brochure pic of the Z400

This pic is a lot better than the ones we've been seeing. I personally like the stacked headlight design and I don't mind the Raptor fenders

Front end looks to be very Honda-ish. Similar shock angle to the 400EX and the bottom portion of the frame looks similar. Appears to have a pretty good rake to the lower part of the frame as well. Is that a 400EX muffler????
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Guy400; 10-06-2001 at 09:34 PM.
    2013 KTM 300XC

well one thing is for sure....

the plastic is much more attractive than the c'dale....

the bottom of the pic says '02.. can we assume that it will be released in the spring..? I would think if it wasn't going ot show up untill next fall it would be a '03..?

Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

personally i kinda like it! Is that seat like a lt250 & lt500 seat??? It kinda looks like it! The light is what i dont like cuz im a MX'er, but it looks like a zuki 400ex!

It almost looks like a raptor with different plastic/pumper/etc. Hmmm... did the c-dale press guy go to suzuki?
    -Jeff

"yeah! i know what you mean...i was what 5 and a half maybe it was Japan right before 3 times and I was still excited but thats ok it didnt hurt so we just spent the night later i'll finish the lawn dude" -JabberJaw

omg I love it maybe if my dad getts into quadding enough and we need to get rid of the blaster we will have a modded yellow 400ex in our garage with drz400 quad.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

well, this will probably be my next quad! I was waiting for a liquid-cooled 400 motor! Anybody want a AWESOME 250r for $5000 (obo)!?!?!?!?!:devil :devil :devil

I would figure you having a 250r would rather have a 400ex because it will be a long time tell mods will be available for the drz. Or I would keep the 250r and put all the good parts that are interchangable on the drz. Like rims, bars, tires, shocks if they will work, ect.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

I love the 400ex...but! I hate air-cooled engines, the 400ex is underpowered for the nationals (i will be racing ama in 2 years)! But I already have all those mods you mentioned! So I'm just gona save for about 4-6 months and sell my baby (R)! I love my 250 but I like a 4-stroke's torque alot cuz i ride alot of trails!

Originally posted by Leo
    well one thing is for sure....

the plastic is much more attractive than the c'dale....

the bottom of the pic says '02.. can we assume that it will be released in the spring..? I would think if it wasn't going ot show up untill next fall it would be a '03..?

Leo
    I think the '86 Quadsport 230 has more attractive plastic than the Cannondale I don't know if Suzuki's going to do like Yamaha and release bikes about 6 months early or not. The '01 Raptor went on sale July of 2000 and the same with the '02's. From the angle of this pic it does look like the "T-bone" seat that all of us long time Suzuki guys came to love.

I'm going to give this bike 3-4 months after it's release before I decide on it or not. The Raptor's tranny problems were realized within this time frame but I was dumb and didn't do any research until well after I bought it. I want to get a hint it's reliability before I buy. We can safely say that my plans to buy a new 400EX have been suspended pending the results of a reliability test with the new Z400.
    2013 KTM 300XC

Did some side by side comparisons, and I dont think it is a fake. The front of the frame is different (although it could have been done on a computer). The plastic is VERY similar, and if it is a real pic, I think the plastic will be interchangable between the raptor and z400. The only differences are minor, so you can tell suzuki didnt pull a quadracer 250 here and revolutionize the sport. Suzuki has been doing this ever sence they left the preformance arena. They need to get their rear's in gear.
    -Jeff

"yeah! i know what you mean...i was what 5 and a half maybe it was Japan right before 3 times and I was still excited but thats ok it didnt hurt so we just spent the night later i'll finish the lawn dude" -JabberJaw

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast