Thread: if i buy A-arms do i have to buy shocks

if i buy A-arms do i have to buy shocks

can i buy the A arms then get shocks later or are they set up so that u have to get both at the same time

It depends on the length of the a-arms. If they're stock length, then no you don't. But, if they're extended a-arms then yes you need to buy them as a package deal. Your stock shocks will be WAY too soft without doing so.
    Thanks to my 2010 sponsors/supporters:
    CV4
    BNR Motorsports
    GT Thunder
    Spider Grips
    Scott USA
    Powermadd

"I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me"

You do NOT have to buy shocks at the same time. I ran stock shocks on my +2 arms for over a year. I finally got my shocks revalved and resprung by JH racing, and it's much better than stock, but you can get by on stockers if you want.

Joe
    2004 TRX450R
    Proud owner of "the super bling new sonic blaster (nmotion) pipe".

also, if you get LT(long travel) then yes of course you will need new shocks, but stocker will work fine with some good +2 or +3 standard travel a-arms.
    04 450R, JE 13:1, port and polished, YZF426 39mm FCR carb, HRC cam, sparks exhaust, sparks jet kit, K&N filter w/ pro design cover, rev box, X-factor nerfs, Lonestar +4 axle, maier's black vented hood, blingstar bumper, AC grab bar, C&D MX zps rebuilt shocks(front triple rate and rear dual rate), denton steering stabilizer, renthal fatbars CR high bend, +2 stock stem, spider grips, 14T front sprocket, cut front fenders, Kenda Klaws all around, douglas red label 4-1 offset fronts and OMF 8" beadlock rears, and still to come much more!!!! RIDE RED!

yeah....like they said if you buy a-arms and want the stock shox then go w/ standard travel a-arms...but if you are considering any racing I would suggest Long Travel ot LT....
    Blake Foote #191
    -Phil 4:13-
    Jeremiah Jones Riding School
    BigRod Racing
    JPMX
    Jesus Christ!

I went with +2+1 Burgards and after some adjusting in the front it feels pretty good.Eventually id like to do the Gt Thunder Rebuild.