Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: front wheel on ex wobbles

Angry front wheel on ex wobbles

my front wheel wobbles at high speeds on my ex and i dont know why if you can help please help thanks!
    06 450r

Your one wheel nut could be loose. Or your wheel bearings could be wore out. Jack up the front end and move the wheels from side to side and all around and see if there is any play.

maybe a bent rim? check for a loose tie rod end @ the base of the steering stem also.
    In memory of Christopher (Chrissy) Riley Andrews / 1-24-02 to 1-23-06
    we love you Chrissy

i have the same problem. but i know what caused my wobble. i hit a huge trench about 4 foot deep while running pretty much wide open in 5th. warped front left rim and almost killed me. if its your rim thats warped it shouldn't be too hard to figure out

Yep for sure, your rim is most likely bent. Take a close look and you may just see a bend or something.

i am thinking a bent rim myself.
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

Have you put any type of slime in your tire? If you did this is the problem slime tends to vibrate at high speeds. The only cure is to take it out or you will ruin your bearings

hope this helps
    the400exexorcist
    2000 440 ex Wiseco 440 Kit,HRC Cam,Niks-Pro-X connecting Rod,R/D titanium valve springs,Hinson Clutch Basket, EBC Dirt Racer Clutch Kit,Pro Design Case Guard,Shaved Fenders,Pro Design Kill Switch,In line Fuel Filter,K&N oil Filter,Motion Pro Clutch and Throttle CablesComplete Cometic Gaskets & Seals,Uni Air Box Vents,Prm-Atv A-Arm & BellyPan Skidplates,Armadillo SwingArmSkidPlate, ,Shockwears,and K&N Filter WB e-series exhaust,Wb RevKit,Renthal Bars,Bandit XC front and rear tires,Sidewinder "survivor" series sprockets16/35 (sometimes stock)gearing and chain,DG Krome-Lite Front Bumper,Free Flow Gas Hose,Dg nerfbars Douglas .190 rims,Factory Effex Graphics Kit,Moose Handlebar Gloves,Red Frame....TONS of polishing... More to come............
    2000 Honda Rancher 2X4
    Ebc Rear Brakes
    1998 Yamaha Banshee(dusts anything) wiseco pistons(430cc)
    FmF fatty pipes & powercore II silencers,Douglas rims,Ohtsu Radial Tires(yes they came off my 440),Dg Nerfbars,and Team Alba Graphics Kit!(she's for sale!)
    97 Dodge Grand Caravan SE
    3.3 Liter V6
    Modified Airbox
    99 Dodge Dakota
    5.2 Liter V8(this thing hauls)
    Modded Airbox
    1995 Subaru Impreza AWD
    2.2 Liter 4 cylinder
    Tannabe Style Performance muffler
    DIY Intake
    All Neoned Out...

Nope no slime umm its the rim its bent SO EVERYBODY I NEED RIMS PLEASE! Thanks Garrett#10
    06 450r

Survey says:

Bent rim.

Yep, I have the same problem on mine.
    When you get a new set buy Dougals with the OMF reinforcement rings welded in, those will hold up to anything.
    District 18 #92
    04' 450R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast