Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: another weekend and another crash

another weekend and another crash

Wasn't me this time, my dad was riding the blaster up this off cambered hill and he didn't see a rutt next to it and when his front left tire hit it he rolled the blaster side ways 2 times. He almost landed on his feet. But actually it was kinda cool because it bent the handlebars into place from the last time he rode and crashed it. He says its because the blaster isn't good enough for him but he only has a couple of hours on it within just this year. He has rolled it 3 or 4 times and I have rolled it once and it couldn't be saved I even stayed on in tell I was positive I could never save it and jumped over the bars cuz it was rolling front words. I just wish my dad would try to learn the basics before going to the 400ex if he is going to do all this big stuff. Cuz I can tell when he rides he don't know what he is doing or how to save it if something starts to happen.

I rode the 400ex last night and now I can ride it for a block and I can almost pull in the clutch and shift it into second while riding a wheelie but I can't do it yet.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

update: My dad is working on the 400ex right now he is making some aluminum skid plates out of some metal and he is going to grind over it so it looks like it has some of the crome swirls I will take some pics of it when it is done. Plus we are going to order some black shockwears this week and we are going to take off the heat guard on the pipe.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

Your dad must be talented being able to make aluminum skids out of metal!

lol oops I didn't mean it like that, its aluminum. Here is a pic of my dad working on it, he is going to take a grinder to it so it is all swirly, I'll get a pic of it after its done. But I usually refer to aluminum, stainless steel or anything like that metal.
    Last edited by Nausty; 10-06-2001 at 10:10 AM.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

forgot to attach it on the last one and it won't let me edit and attach it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

Hey nausty,
    I would leave that heat guard on your pipe, if you don't plan on it already.
    That header pipe will burn your legs bad especially if you ride with shorts!
    I want to see those skid pics when their done.
    John

if u dont like your sheild just buy a wb pro meg complete system. they dont give u the option of using a heat shield which is something i dont understand. it gets extremely hot. it needs a shield

my dad is almost done right now. I ALWAYS wear boots and it will have to go through my boots, kevlar pants, and my socks. Plus its starting to get cold out 45 degrees for a high today actually so the heat won't bother me.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

just wondering,

unless you have a digital camera, or an unlimited supply of film, why would you take a pic of your dad cutting out your skids?? Maybe its a loving family.

yeah
    - #48 2004 BLUE YFZ 450 -
    One Industries - AC nerfs - Ac Full Skid - AC Bumper - Pro Design Kill Switch - Shockpro shockcovers - PEP Chain relocator - Bullet Parking block off - Motion Pro Twist Throtle - Cam Mod -

Jetting 170 main - 48 pilot - stock needle 5th clip - fuel screw 2 and 3/4 turns - runs awesome

we have a digital camera and I was bored watching my dad work.
    But here is what it looks like in the end. You can't see the swirls or anything but it looks like it has been grinded on with a grinder (duh)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast