Thread: what clutch plates

what clutch plates

the clutch plates in my 400ex are toast. So I was wondering what is a good set to buy. I saw the Tusk plates for like $45 but are they any good? I would rather spend a little more $ and have them last longer. Like EBC or something. thanks

c'mon guys I know one of you must have some experience with these. I need to order the parts.

From what i've read on here stock plates and fibers are the way to go.

I have no personal experience with aftermarket plates and fibers....
    ATVRiders Janitorial Technician

!!!!!DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!!

Originally posted by JOEX
    From what i've read on here stock plates and fibers are the way to go.

I have no personal experience with aftermarket plates and fibers....
    I am very happy with the ones i got from C&D racing. The plates and fibers i got definitely make a difference and it doesn't feel right without them. I don't remember which ones i got, lol, but i know Colby recommended them to me and they worked without a problem.

Call them and let them do their magic.
    1 (402)-514-2508

Then once you get them do a search on the forums for tips on installing them. There are some great tips and tricks on these boards helping you get more out of your stuff.

OEM Honda plates will last the longest and will handle the most abuse. I would always get stock fiber plates over anything else. The exception is when you need custom steel plates for the accomodation of an 8 plate clutch setup.
    00' 400EX - GT Thunder 450 stroker, custom JE 12.5:1 piston,
    +7mm stroked crank, HD stroker rod, HRC cam, GTT full race porting, +1mm intake valves, FCR 39 carb, CRF timing chain, Denso IXG27 iridium plug, full Hinson 8 plate clutch, Desert Toyz Supercooler w/ SPAL fan, UM airbox w/ UNI, CT Hi-Output exhaust, Roll LOBO II F/R, LT PEP 8 click ZPS piggyback fronts, PEP ZPS rear, YFZ brakes/450R master, CCP stabilizer, Hiper Tech beadlocks, Durablue X-33, TAG, Quadtech, ASV, AC, IMS, RAD, Works Connection, Galfer..

05' Kawasaki KLX 110 - Fast 50's springs F/R, HRC cradle, Rox risers, FLY fatbars, NGK CR6HIX iridium plug, Twin Air filter

ebc all the way i love mine
    300ex edlebrock flate slide yosh pipe razr 2s all around k@n filters and out wears lonestar stearing stem bearing carrier and clamps srp bars ac nerfs lazer star light bar and lights ebc clutch wesco 11:1 piston .336 billet powroll cam kibble white valve springs works clutch lever lsr carrier 400ex pro flow with outer wear elka front shocks and works rear shock srp 400ex bend bars 909 grips trail tech computer maier blue plastic with 250r hood scoop jt chain and sproket(14-36) srp brake rotor ebc brake pads all around hd in back and carbon in front jbh oil cooler, amp link chain guide. AMR ignition system