Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morning C-Class Rotation into 4th Row No More

Morning C-Class Rotation into 4th Row No More

I have always felt that all the morning classes with the exception of the women and super seniors should rotate in a fixed order each week thus allowing almost all morning racers a reasonable chance at a good overall number. I was a fan of the rotation scheme for the C classes this year in that one C-Class started from the 4th row each week and all other C-Classes rotated from the 8th row back.

As related to me by a GNCC official at SC this was stopped permanently at SC because some of the utility riders complained bitterly after NC. No offense, but all I saw stuck in the big bottle neck on lap one were sport quads. A close friend who races utilities did not get hung up in the bottle neck in NC.

If you think the rotation scheme should be restarted, you need to email your feelings to the GNCC folks. For those of you that race in the morning, here are some rough statistics for your benefit. Over the first four races of this season, C-Class racers have constituted over 50% of all racers in the morning. Despite the majority of the C-Classes starting in the 8th row or farther back, C-Class racers have finished in the top thirty in the first four races 63 times (out of a total of 120). Thus, despite having poor starting positions generally, C-Class racers are fast enough to make it into the top 30 to occupy more than 1/2 of the top thirty positions in each race. These statistics more than refute the reasoning expressed to me that "more C-Class racers are really slow than racers from the classes that start in front of them (i.e. the utility classes). If you agree, please let the GNCC folks know. If enough of you complain as I have, maybe we can get this changed.
    Rowdy
    88 250R
    00 CR 500
    01Raptor
    04 YFZ
    05 YFZ

This s**k. That is the same excuse the women used several years ago to keep the front row start. It must been some big shot in the utitly class that complain and a sponsor. The women and utitly rider will know have a clear track and start lapping c class ridres before alot of the c-class riders finish thier first lap. some of these ridrs (utily and women) riders feel that they are better than all other riders that race in the morning.Just my two cent.

Ya , I was pissed off when I came to the line in SC. I ride C +35 and was expecting to be better than mid pack according to the way it was. I was fine with it. I mean, all but a small handfull of utility riders don't get passed by me and the top ten in my class. I don't get the reasoning behind what they are doing. I don't have anything personally against anyone on a utilty, but alot more of them refuse to move over than anyone that I fly up behind on a sport quad. They just aren't as nimble in the tight stuff and really hold up alot of us. I understand that they are racing too, I just think that EVERYONE SHOULD BE ROTATED REGAURDLESS OF TYPE OF QUAD OR GENDER!
    Many thanks to my sponsors -
    Weekend Warrior Motorsports
    Blackwood Electrical Co. Inc.
    Bairs Polaris of N. Canton-Bairsinc.com
    MXBOOTBUNNY.COM
    Cardio Stack
    GNCC C Class 35+
    OMA Nationals C Class
    AWRCS 4 Stroke Class
    CRA Senior II XC
    CRA Senior Class MX
    2006 Outlaw #303

This is what I e-mailed to GNCC.

I just can't see why the C class riders continue to get punished when it come to what row we start on. Why is it you cater to the Utility riders and not let us rotate with them. I know there are some big name racers in those classes, but that is just a few. Just look on how many C riders show up compared to Utility racers, it's allmost 4-1 ratio. Look at the overall results, there are way more C riders in the top then Utility and yet we have to start behind them all the time. The first couple races you rotated us with them, but I guess some of the big names and sponsers got some pull because it was taken away. This just isn't fare as many of the C class racers are trying to get reconized so to get sponsers to help them move up, but sponsers look at overalls more then class results. I know there are some slow C class riders, but more then half of the utilty racers are slow to and many refuse to move, and a sport quad will not move them out of the way. It is a shame that you did this to us and I feel as well as all C class riders that we should be put back into the 4th row rotation.

Originally posted by Big Chuck
    Ya , I was pissed off when I came to the line in SC. I ride C +35 and was expecting to be better than mid pack according to the way it was. I was fine with it. I mean, all but a small handfull of utility riders don't get passed by me and the top ten in my class. I don't get the reasoning behind what they are doing. I don't have anything personally against anyone on a utilty, but alot more of them refuse to move over than anyone that I fly up behind on a sport quad. They just aren't as nimble in the tight stuff and really hold up alot of us. I understand that they are racing too, I just think that EVERYONE SHOULD BE ROTATED REGAURDLESS OF TYPE OF QUAD OR GENDER!
    100% agree with ya........ I have come to the conclusion that GNCC caters to the Pro's and factories/contingencies with whatever they want or feel the need for. And piss on the other 800 or 900 amatuer level class riders that actually keep the GNCC alive with strong attendance at EVERY race

GE4X4 Did you get a email back from GNCC about your email? Or any one else send a email to them? Did any one get a response back from them on why they will not be rotating the classes any more?

I will be sending them a email too this week. I will let you all know if I get a resopnse back.
    That's RACIN!
    Todd
    Swain Racing
    My Sponsor House Profile
    GNCC
    6 Hours of ATV America IRON MAN Class
    12 Hours of ATV America 30+ Class
    District 6 Vet Class

2007 Sponsors - Teixeira Technologies, REKLUSE, Cardio Stack, Swain Racing, ELKA, BERRELL's FUEL OIL, Duncan Motorsports, ALL-PRO West, ODI Grips, CYCRA Racing, Tire Balls, Hiper Technology, Scott USA
    05 TRX450R

No response yet.

My name is John Bowers, I am leading the points for the utility unlimited class, I understand what everyone is complaining about, I try to win the overall every week and the best I did was 13th, there is no way any one will beat the women with them starting in the front row, They want the women to win, why do you think they moved out the stock class, It really doesn't matter if you get #201, because a young kid that rides for my shop, Jarrod McClure , got #201 last year and we all went to the GNCC banquet and They never even mentioned his name, So My advice is go and win your class and get the prizes they give out at the banquet, because you really don't get anything from the GNCC people for getting #201 unless your in the womens class.
    I have nothing against the women, there fast and there Doing good this year, But the morning race was alot more fun last year when you really didn't know who was going to win and be on the podium.
    Good luck to every one and see ya in Tenn, The morning race would be alot better if All the slower riders would move over for the faster guys, it doesn't matter what class or quad you run

i am currently leading the 16-21 c class, I feel that what ever RP decides is there choice and i will continue to do the best i can to finish well in the overall, this subject had been discussed over on quad zone alot and johnny G has made a few comments that makes alot of sense on this subject. by the way john was you seating at the same table as jarrod was at the banquet, we happened to be seated at the same table.
    2009 GNCC College A #62
    2008 KORHS Open A Champion
    2008 GNCC College A 9th place #80
    2007 GNCC College B 3rd place #230
    2006 GNCC C 16-21 Champion #279

yes, I was at the same table last year as Jarrod, se ya in tenn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast